Chapter 20: the proof

A/N: sorry this chapter is kinda short but there will be a longer one next I promise ❤️

Chapter 20: the proof

It was finally that time.

I sped down the hall, eager to get back to Liv. I had been waiting and waiting through every damn patient, watching the clock as it ticked by. Decker had to work by me the whole day, and I could just feel all the dirty looks he was giving me. Even me telling him off has somehow made his ego bigger.

But luckily, he hasn't given me any attitude. At least vocally, he hasn't.

I wanted nothing more than to leave this fucking hospital for more than ten minutes. For the past couple weeks that Liv has been here, it's been swamped. We've had a number of people come in from collisions, stab wounds, and a huge amount of them were women coming in for chemo. I could've left, but I didn't want to leave her for a number of reasons.

1. She's the only one in this hospital I can really stand besides Rodriguez.

2. I'm afraid if I leave, Lexi will sneak her out and I'll never see her again.

There were definitely multiple times where I saw a hint of a glare from Lexi. Our first impression wasn't exactly the best. There was no doubt in my mind that she would take Liv far away from here at her first chance. But maybe once we're both out of here, I can find a way to prove myself to her or something.

I turned to go into her hospital room and instantly stopped as soon as I got through the door. Nicole was there. But there was no sign of Liv. Her bed was still unmade but her crutches were gone. I shook my head in disbelief and walked towards Nicole.

"Nicole what the hell did you do?"

She rubbed her shoulder awkwardly. By that gesture, my question had already been answered.

"I didn't know she would react that way. She was so mad at Daniel. I couldn't stop her."

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" I clenched my fists, "do you realize how vulnerable she is right now?"

I didn't even leave her time to respond before I darted through the door and sprinted down the hallway. I weaved around doctors and nurses, cascading down to Daniels hospital room.

I didn't even bother listening before I burst through the door, catching a glimpse of Liv's blond hair. I stopped in my tracks, gaping at the sight of Daniels hand closed around her collar bone.

Liv punched him in the chest over and over, sobs escaping her lips. I took action by coming up behind her and pinning her arms to the side by wrapping my arms around her. She instantly protested.

"Liv! Stop!"

"There's nothing else I can do!" She tried to wrestle free from my grasp, but I held my ground. I'd deal with Daniel later. There's no way I was going to get over him laying a hand on her. She scratched at my arms, leaving red marks.

"Stop!"

All three of us stopped. the room was dead silent. I heaved in and out and turned with Liv still in my arms. I could feel her shaking, as sobs were wracking her body. Nicole stood in front of the door, in a firm position.

"I have proof of what he did. It's on my phone."

Daniels eyes grew wide.

"No you can't do that-" he began to jolt up from the bed but I pinned him down.

"Don't even think about it."

Nicole advanced toward him slowly. She had a look in her eyes that could kill.

"What you did to me. What you did to her, will never happen again as long as you're here. You took away my innocence and I'll never get that back."

The whole room was silent as if time froze. Nicole continued. "And I don't know why I didn't say anything. I think it's because- I didn't wanna believe it. I didn't think that something like this could possibly happen. That my memory was lying to me. But I have one thing in absolute stunning clarity."

She was spitting flames at Daniel, and he furrowed his eyebrows. His hands were clutching the sheets. I don't know if it was in anger or fear. Maybe both.

"I can't wait to see you rot in jail you son of a bitch."

The whole room remained silent except for Daniels labored breathing. I glanced toward the cop, and he had a hard look on his face.

A flow of relief washed over me. It was all over. Once Nicole turns that video into the police, Daniel will be put away for good. I felt Liv relax beside me and she rested her head on my shoulder. I tucked the tendrils of hair that had fallen out of her messy bun behind her ear.

" it's over." I kissed her forehead and held Liv close. I then turned around to Nicole and mouthed 'thank you'. And I really was thankful of what she did. The aching inside me had finally subsided. The aching feeling that Daniel really would go free. And I sure as hell didn't want that to happen.

I knew how hard this must've been for her. To finally reveal to everyone what he did to her.

Nicole walked toward me, waving her phone in her hand.

"I'll take this down to the station. You take her home. It's what she deserves."

I nodded and walked past her with Liv still in my arms. Her face was buried in my neck and I grabbed her crutches along with a wheel chair. She wasn't in any condition to walk on crutches.

As we walked closer towards the doors, I put my hand on Liv's shoulder. She looked up at me and touched her hand to mine.

"Olivia.." I reached towards her face and stroked her cheek, "I promise. Once we walk out these doors, I'll make sure you never have to come back here again.

.......................................................................

A/N: let me know what you think of this chapter! Now that everything with Daniel is over, what do you think will happen next?