Chapter 19: the victim

30, 29, 28, 27, 26...

I'm counting down every second before I can leave. Today is my last day in the hospital. Soon I'll be back at the apartment with Will and everything will be back to normal. Well except for my screwed up leg. Hey i guess it's better than having to deal with it by myself.

I still have to do physical therapy with Will at home, which puts a whole damper on the situation. I can't go out without someone with me, let alone walk by myself. I'm internally sighing about that.

Will has been busy all day with patients, while I've been just sitting in my room like usual. But now it it's 4:30. Which means I can go home. I can finally be calm in the comfort of my own room.

I've been in this hospital for about a week now and I already feel like I've lived here for months. I guess it has that kind of affect on people. It's almost isolating. Every day you never know what time it is and how long you've actually been there. The rooms are so dark and beige it's almost depressing. No it is depressing.

My spirits were instantly uplifted when I woke up at 7:30. I talked to Will a bit before we started physical therapy. This time we just did some special stretches and exercises to work my leg.

I still can't stop thinking about what happened the other day with us. And also Daniel. I get a rush every time I think of him going to jail. Will however seemed off this morning. I want to ask him about it but I don't feel like it's any of my business. Even though thinking that something is wrong is literally driving me up the wall.

After we finished physical therapy, Will rushed off to care for other patients, leaving me in a whirlwind of my own thoughts.

I've just finished filling out my paperwork when I hear the door open. Expecting it to be Will, I adjusted myself in my bed. But instead I saw the face of Doctor Altman. I hadn't seen him since that night when I first came here. I remember seeing his face a couple times in it's sudden blurriness.

"Hello Ms. Winston. I'm not sure we've officially met." He held out his hand. "I'm doctor Altman."

I reluctantly shook his hand and nodded my head slightly. The look in his eyes seemed as if he wanted to get something out of me. Like his own eyes were pressing for information.

"I understand you'll be going home today?"

"Yeah. I'm just filling out my paperwork." I nodded toward the slips of paper that I had just started signing.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to talk about my concern for your health."

I already knew what was going to happen. He was going to repeat everything to me that had already been said a thousand times since I had been here.

You need to keep off your leg as much as you can.

Make sure to do your physical therapy at least three times a week.

Next month you need to come in for a follow up

I almost rolled my eyes but held back so I wouldn't show attitude. "I know I know. I'll do the physical therapy with Will every other day. You don't need to worry."

"Oh no no." He shook his head. "This is regarding your history of seizures."

Oh.

"Oh." Was all I said.

"If you're comfortable with it, I'd like you to swing by my clinic some time so we can further investigate this."

I wasn't sure if it was something I even wanted to investigate. I had never really thought about how these seizures could affect me in the long term. Or I just didn't want to think about it. I was so used to not knowing the answers; but maybe I would finally have a chance to know what was wrong with me.

"Yeah. I'll-ill talk to Will." I stuttered from the sudden pressure that I was feeling. He nodded and left the room without saying another word.

I sighed and swung my legs over the bed, extending out my busted leg. I hadn't really moved it at all today so it was so stiff I had to do something about it. As I extended my leg, I could feel all my tense muscles stretching, and I groaned in pain. I braced my arms on either side of me and clenched the bedsheets.

"You okay?"

I turned.

"Um.. yah. I-i think so."

A girl I didn't recognize had her head peeking from behind the door. She had a hint of a smile on her face. My first assumption was that she was a nurse. But she wasn't wearing the normal uniform. She had on something causal. And the one thing I noticed was the necklace around her neck that she was holding in her hand.

"Sorry for barging in. I just heard you and I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Yeah...I'm okay."

She scrunched her eyebrows and lifted a finger to her chin.

"Is your name Olivia?"

I nodded slowly still a little dumbfounded that she guessed who I was.

"Oh Will has told me all about you! I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. And to be invaded by that prick."

How did they know each other? But that wasn't the only question that was on my mind. He told her about what happened? Out of everyone I knew, I thought he would be the one to keep this to himself. I thought I trusted him.

"Oh, did I upset you?" Her expression turned sad. "God I always get up in people's business where I shouldn't be. I'm sorry. I just thought we'd be able to relate on something. That we'd understand each other."

Understand each other?

I sat up in the bed with a little struggle.

"What do you mean?"

A/N: ooh here's a good drop the mic moment

A/N: ooh here's a good drop the mic moment. Well, what do you think will happen next? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. Anything helps!