Chapter 34: the interrogation

Hey guys😊 so I decided to upload early as a Christmas gift because I just had this weird surge of writing go through me. I was writing like 500 hundred words in ten minutes. Soooo merry Christmas !!!

Chapter 34: the interrogation

"Remember, no items with you, no physical contact, and especially no fighting. I'm sure you two are mature enough to handle that?" The female officer turned after scanning her ID card to the room.

Will and I both glanced at each other before nodding intently. God she made it sound like we were the delinquents here.The whole precinct was down right intimidating with officers at every corner and not to mention how damn dark it was.

A few days after Conrad was released from the hospital, we got a call from the precinct, asking us to come in and make a statement. Of course we said yes, but I had to make sure I'd get to see that bastard face-to-face. I had this deep burning pit of hate for that man, as harsh as it seemed.

The officer moved to the side, still holding the door for us to have full access to the room. I went in first, hobbling on my one crutch, with Will trailing close behind. The room was dimly lit with a large metal table and matching chairs on either side. It was almost like you see in the movies, with the interrogation rooms.

"Hey, maybe Hal won't even recognize us from how dark it is in this damn room." Will remarked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh trust me, I'll make sure of it." I gave him a smirk, "and don't you think that whole physical contact thing is overrated? I mean, you could keep him in place while I slowly gouge out his-"

"Enough." Will chuckled, holding his hands up while we both sat down in the chairs. "I'm sure you'll be able to express all your feelings about him in the time we have here."

"Not enough time." I muttered, crossing my arms which received a scoff from Will. I guess you could say I was still a little overly excited that Hal was finally about to be behind bars.

As a few minutes passed by, the door to the room finally opened, and I saw one glimpse of an orange jump suit. My breath caught in my throat as Hal was led into the room with an officer holding his cuffed hands behind his back. He had a little stubble from spending a few days here, and his eyes seemed blood shot as they narrowed at me.

The officer forced him down into the chair, and i fidgeted uncomfortably in my seat. Will, on the other hand, hadn't moved once since the door opened. His eyes were still fixated on the deceitful man in front of us.

"So, you two finally managed to find time to come visit me." Hal broke the silence once the officer left.

"Oh yes, we were both just jumping in our seats." I retorted sarcastically before toning into a more serious expression. I leaned forward and narrowed my eyes.

"And there's no doubt in my mind that you will rot in jail for what you did. Everything you did."

"Oh you say that to me now. You act like this tough, resilient woman, when really.." Hal leaned forward and looked dead into my eyes, "you're just a scared little girl, sweetheart."

"Don't fucking call her that." Will clenched his fist on the table as he was trying not to reach over and strangle him. Trust me, I could tell he was holding back. "You don't even get to say her name."

I reached my hand under the table and placed it on his knee, beckoning him to calm down. I didn't want to have to end up visiting him in jail.

"As hard as it probably is for you to here," I spat, "you lost, Hal. You're sorry ass is staying here, and we won't even blink another eye once we leave this hell hole."

I leaned forward, piercing deep into his eyes so he knew how dead serious I really was.

"Because I know that I won't for one second let you control that part of me. The part of me that knows who I really am."

I could see Hal dwindle away in his chair at my words, but he still kept the stone cold scold on his face.

Will cut in. "It's over."

At those couple of words, Hal's face contorted into this almost haunting monster. He laughed. He laughed uncontrollably.

"You really think this is over? There is so much more you don't know, Will. And you.." he directed towards me.

"This is only the beginning of your suffering."

Wow. Dramatic much? But his words still struck a sort of fear in me. The fear that he wasn't just spewing out pointless words from his psychotic head, and that this really wasn't the end. And it definitely scared me shitless.

"Same to you." Will deadpanned, "Don't think we'll go easy on you with our statements. We'll make sure to tell them everything. About Rose. All the forged diagnoses."

Once again, Hal laughed.

"You are so smart, Will, yet you're acting like a stupid naive teenager. You're not even listening to a word I'm saying. You may think I'm not telling the truth, but I'm saying this in all my honesty." He shook his head.

"You and your girl here. You're not safe as long as you know this."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Will seethed.

"Again. So naive. I'm not the only one involved in this. In fact, there are people that might be right under your nose. But you're just failing to see it."

I scoffed. "You're psycho."

Hal turned his eyes from Will to me, and my blood ran cold just having to have him in my line of vision. His mouth turned up into an evil grin.

"Am I?"

Omg guys

Omg guys. There's only one chapter left😭 thank you so much for reading. And stay tuned for the sequel coming soon.