- Chapter 1-

Hey! this is my first book on Wattpad! i hope you enjoy!

Millies Pov

Finn and i have been friends since before we remember. Our moms met before we were born. Before i was born my dad died and my mom moved to canada from Spain for a fresh start. Imedietally my mom and Finn's mom became friends. We don't remember much from under the age of 7 but our moms tell us we acted like siblings. We fought, we played, we even had sleepovers on the weekends. It was great. It still is. Finn's a great actor, too. Me... not so much. He's convinced me to do acting camps with him, and it was fun, i just can't act though he tells me i'm great at it. To me, Finn's like a brother, but all my friends say we'd be a cute couple. Ummm, no. He's sweet and funny but he just acts like a brother. I can be myself around him and he doesn't care.

Finns Pov

Millie is my best friend. At school i have my friend group and she has hers. Maybe i wish our two group got along so i could spend time with her at school. It's nice to walk home with her and do homework together though. Shes closer than a friend to me. She's more like a sister. We trust each other and care for each other. We fight over stupid things but in the end it's always ok.

Millies Pov

I woke up to the saturday sun peeking through the curtains. I looked at my clock and it was 12. My phone was blowing up with texts from Finn. "Millie" "Millie" "Wake up" "Can you come to the creek" "Millie" "Millie" and so on. I texted him back

Millie: hey what's up

Finn: Come to the creek

Millie: ok i'll be there soon

I quickly got dressed and went downstairs.

"Hey Mills." my mom greeted me.

"hey mom i'm going to hang out with Finn."

"ok. Be back for dinner. And Finn's welcome to come for dinner."

"ok."

I grabbed an apple for breakfast and ran out the door. I walked the five minute walk to our little secret place we've been going to since age 7. It's a clearing in the woods with a little creek going through it and it's super hidden and beautiful.

"Hey." Finn said looking down barley making eye contact.

I could tell something was wrong

"What's wrong?" i asked.

"My parents are fighting again. I needed to get out. I'll be ok. I just need to do something to get my mind off it."

"the fairs in town! Let's go there." i said grabbing both of his hands pulling him up.

We stood up and started walking and Finn's phone buzzed.

Finn's Dad: Where are you

Finn: With Millie

Finn's dad: you can't just run away. You live with us

Finn: but your constant bickering was giving me anxiety

Finn's dad: i don't wanna hear it

Finn: ok sorry

Finn's dad: Be home by 6

"ok lets go."

We walked to the fair and it got dark and cold around 5:30.

I realized i left my jacket at the creek.

"i left my jacket at the creek so let's go get that then go home."

We started walking to the creek and a white van pulled up next to us and the window rolled down.

"Want a ride?" asked the driver. Finn grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the van so we were more in the woods and out of sight. We heard a door open and close then we heard footsteps come near us. My heart started beating fast and Finn pulled me into a bush. We heard footsteps crunching closer to us in the dry Autumn leaves. Finn pulled me closer to him and i hugged him. A raindrop fell and landed on my nose. Them more fell. We heard the crunching get quieter and quieter until we heard a door open and close. We sat there in the rain another minute trying to catch up to what just happened. Finn felt me shivering. "Here, if you wanna wear my coat you can." He offered. "Yours is going to be wet and cold." he looked at me. I shook my head. "Let's get out of the bush." I said.

Finns Pov

We climbed out of the bush and Millie was shivering. We think the man is gone. What did he want? Maybe he was just like all those other kidnappers trying to fool children into getting into his car. "Finn, are you coming?" Millie grabbed my hand to pull me and we walked to the creek. When we got to the creek i realized we were still holding hands. She let go and grabbed her jacket. My phone buzzed.

Dad: it's 6 your not home

Finn: sorry

Dad: that means nothing

Finn: we're on our way back

Dad: that Millie is a bad influence

Finn: what? She's my best friend

Dad: we'll talk when you get home

I turned my phone off. "Let's go." I said. I didn't know why he thought i shouldn't be with her. A few minutes after 6 isn't bad. I got home and walked into the house and my mom was yelling at my dad. "Millie is a good girl." She was saying. "Finn's late being home." My dad yelled back. I ran upstairs to my room and closed my door. I slammed it hard enough to make sure they knew i was annoyed. After a few minutes the yelling stopped and there was a tap on my door. "Can i come in?" My mom asked in a soft voice. "Sure." i said. The door opened and my mom came in. "Millie is a good girl." She said.

"That's not what i'm mad about." i said. She looked confused. "You never get along with each other." I said. I needed to get out because of you guys.

"Finn," She said with tears in her eyes. "Go to bed. It's late" a tear ran down her cheek and she walked out. It's only seven. She just wanted to stop talking. My stomach growled but i couldn't go to the kitchen. My mom and dad may be in there. I layed down and fell asleep.

I hope you enjoyed my first chapter! Sorry if its a lil stupid of anything it's my story and all. I hope you keep reading because i promise you it'll get better. and by the way, no offense to Finn's parents :) its just the story line ;)