Kissing In Cars *

____________________________________________________________

             Bulls In The Bronx [Fan Fiction] Project - By RainPierce        

                                            Kissing in Cars:

As soon as I took a deep breath, and relaxed my fingers, I began to play the song I first played with the acoustic guitar. The song that meant to me so much, the song I found so beautiful... So meaningful, filled with love and promise. I could not possibly express what I felt when it came to listening to this song, but I think everyone knows what it feels like when you love a song. I actually came to love the song so much that I actually went to get one of the lyrics of the song on my right ribs in normal script, tattooed. "If you kiss me goodnight I'll know: everything's alright." These lyrics are the only tattoo I've got on me. Of course, I know I'm a tattoo artist and I love tattoos that I should have a ton. But truly I don't, I only have one. And yes tattoos hurt, but the pain is temporary and the tattoo's permanent. 

A smile crept upon my lips, the nervousness left, and I felt as if I were in my room back home, playing my guitar, as a teenager again. A teenager with big dreams and hopes, yet demons knocking on their doors every day causing drama and desperation in our life. But besides all that horror—It felt as if the world around me didn't exist, and I was the only one in the world, the only one understanding the stars in the skies and wishing them to fall upon me.

My voice echoed the room, the hall.. It had become so silent, the only voice that you could possibly hear was mine. And the guitar; the strumming I was doing. I switched between chords while singing the song softly and slowly, yet the levels were high then became low... My voice was nearly a perfect shout, but then a "ooo"y whisper.

"Oh god don't let me be the only one who says," I say, and strum the guitar with different chords and a louder strumming.

"No! At the top of our lungs there's no...No, such thing as too young." I sing with my eyes closed. I didn't wanted to see their faces, I just pretended I was alonejust to avoid the panic I had in meI was too afraid to perform again after all the years. Me, scared of people judging me, criticizing me. It's actually a pain in the ass if you have those panic attack moments. They don't leave you alone. But then it's just.. I don't give a shit. 

"Second chances won't leave you alone...Then there's faith in love..." I whispered.

I, then opened my eyes, looking straight down, not glancing at the guys. My cheeks heated a little at the thought of them hearing me... looking at me. I mean that's completely idiotic, since they have eyes and hears, and they're obviously going to look at me and hear me. But I just put that aside and reminded myself I was singing and playing the guitar. I made myself believe I was alone, but knowing I truly wasn't. I believe I'm a shy person. But sometimes I would be so laid-back type, it was actually less of a burden. The shy had to mandatorily vanish—Since of the careers I have on my back.

Maybe I was left more of a shy person because of what happened back in High School days. Yes, I was in fact bullied because of the people who didn't clearly understood me. I wasn't what you would call the popular type, but the type that wasn't part of the "crew", but who were left with just a corner to stay at. But times in High School wasn't that horrible. My mother and father were pretty much supportive, they had told me to not feel bad because people were missing out on the greatest person around them—Me. I never felt better than anyone because in reality I knew we're all equal. But things got worse and I was still bullied. But things got better—I transferred and I found a best friend of mine, who owns the tattoo shop I now work at with her. Her name's Mariella, and she's my age with the same tastes. I gotta tell you how relieved I felt when I found her.

"If you kiss me goodnight, I'll know everything is alright," I singed with a smile upon my lips, this was my favorite line of all in the song. The song in general's my favorite, but that lyric in particular meant a whole lot to me. Every night in my existence I say those words, and how good I feel afterwards. But I know some words are left to be said to make the song whole and meaningful—"Second chances won't leave us alone. Won't leave us alone... Cause there's faith in love..." I hummed and strummed the last chords of the song. 

Before I knew it, the song was over. I gulped and looked up at them. Dammit, help me. 

____________________________________________________________