The Battle Begins

⌃☼⌃

Kaimana ties her hair back as Moana tightens the sails.

"Te Kâ can't follow us into the water. We make it past the barrier islands...we make it to Te Fiti." Moana tell her.

Te Kâ rises from the mountains and clouds of dark ash rise with her.

"You ready?" Kaimana asks as they grow closer

Moana nods her head and Kaimana's tattoos begin to glow. Te Kâ tries swinging at the boat but Kaimana forms a wall of water and cools her hand.

It doesn't take long before her hand becomes hot with lava again. The cooled cracks off and fresh lava coats her hand.

They sail along the mountainside, looking for a way in and devising a plan as they go.

Te Kâ crawls across the mountains after Moana and Kaimana.

"Moana there's an opening." Kaimana points out.

Moana steers the ship towards it. Te Kâ throws a fire ball at them but Kaimana keeps it back with a water ball. Steam fills the air and blocks Te Kâ's vision. It searches for the two but can't find them.

Once the steam clears, they've already gone and far from her.

Moana steers them through the other opening. Te Kâ throws a fire ball at the she hits the rocks, causing pieces to fall onto them. Kaimana makes a wall of water above them but some rocks fell faster then anticipated. It lands in the water causing a large wave. Moana falls and the heart drops from her necklace and rolls to the end of the ship.

Heihei catches it before it drops but fumbles with it it his mouth before getting a grip.

"Nice work!" Moana tell him

She puts it back in its spot and Kaimana uses a strong current to push them through before hey get crushed.

"Te Fiti." Moana cheers as the mountains are in their sight.

Just as they celebrate, Te Kâ burst through the rock and pieces fly everywhere. The waves flip the boat, causing them both to fall off.

They both quickly surface and climb onto the upside down boat. Kaimana uses her waves to flip the boat over but Te Kâ is already reaching for them.

A hawk's screech fills the air and soars past them. It slices off Te Kâ's hand and Maui lands on the boat.

"Maui!" Kaimana cheers and hugs him. "You came back!"

She lets go of the hug.

"But your hook. One more hit and..."

Maui chuckles.

"Te Kâ's gotta catch me first." Maui says making Kaimana's heart spin

As Maui is about to take off again Moana stops him.

"Maui. Thank you." Moana says

"You're welcome." He says. "Let's rock and roll, blondie." Maui says as he transforms into a fly.

Kaimana dives into the water.

Maui keeps her distracted as Kaimana forms a tsunami. She surfaces and Maui transforms into a hawk and sweeps her out of the water before the wave collapses.

They wait on a rock as the wave collapses over Te Kâ and cools her. Kaimana jumps up and down. Without thinking what she's doing, she grabs Maui by the necklace and pulls him in for a kiss.

Then she realizes and pushes him away sheepishly.

"Sorry." She blushes and steps back

Maui walks over to her without saying a word. He smirks down at her and places a hand on her shoulder. Then, their lips collide.