Bad First Impressions

Kaimana uses the waves to push them back towards the island.

"We're not leaving without Moana." Kaimana says sternly

His mini tattoo agrees with her and they both cross their arms and look at him.

"Oh, no, no, no. Don't look at me like that. It's a beautiful cave. She's gonna love it." Maui defends

"And I'm gonna love you in my belly." He says as he points to Heihei.

"No! You're not eating Heihei! He's too adorable!" Kaimana defends as she stands in front of the little chicken

"AAAHHHHGGG." There's a battle cry and a small figure leaping from the top of one of the rocks, clearly being Moana.

She dives off the cliff and tries to get Maui but lands in the later instead. Maui turns to her and puts his chin in a hand.

"I could watch that all day." He says. "Okay. Enjoy the ocean. Maui out!" He pulls the ropes to the sail and they speed up.

Moana calls after the ship as they sail away.

Kaimana uses a wave to get her on the boat. She lands on the boat in front of Maui and Kaimana with her back facing them. Maui stands up with shock written on his face.

"Did not see that coming." He mumbles.

She turns around and her soppy hair whips around with her and wraps around her face before she can speak. She pushes it away.

"I am Moana of Motunui. This is my canoe and you will journey to-"

Maui takes her by the arm and throws her off the boat with no effort.

Kaimana growls to herself and she brings Moana back on board.

"And she's back..." Maui grumbles

Moana tries to continue her speech but Maui, yet again, throws her from the ship and Kaimana brings her back on, yet again.

Maui sighs and faces her.

"It was Moana, right?" Maui asks sarcastically

"Yes. And you will restore the heart." Moana says as she takes it out of her necklace and shows it to Maui.

He quickly grabs it from her hand and throws it as far as he can.

"No!" Moana cries

Kaimana growls as she motions her hand towards where he threw the stone and then brings her hand towards his face. The stone flies through the air and hits him in the head. He falls on his back and rocks the boat.

He looks at the stone and the gets back up.

"All right. I'm out." He says and dives off the boat

He doesn't get far as Kaimana drags him back on the boat. Moana smirks at Kaimana and high fives her.

"Oh, come on!" Maui shouts at Kaimana

She slashes a stream of water directly in his face.

"What is your problem?" Moana asks Maui. "Are you afraid of it?" Moana asks as she holds up the heart of Te Fiti.

"No! No." Maui chicles nervously and backs away. "I'm not afraid."

Maui's mini tattoo bites it's nails nervously and runs around on his peck in a panic but when he notices everyone staring he plays it cool.

"Stay out of it or your sleeping in my armpit." Maui growls to his tattoo. He looks to Moana. "You, stop that. That is not a heart. It's a curse. The second I took it, I got blasted outta the sky and I lost my hook."

Kaimana takes the heart and brings it close to Maui. He jumps back in fear.

"Get it away from me." He orders

Kaimana smirks down at Maui as she feels powerful against him. She hands the stone to Moana.

"Get this away?" She asks as she holds up the stone

"Hey, Hey, Hey! I'm a demigod, okay? I will smite you! You wanna get...smote? Smotten?" He grunts in frustration and stands up, towering over both girls. "Listen, that thing doesn't give you power to create life...it's a homing beacon of death. If you don't put it away, bad things are gonna come for it."

Moana holds up the heart. "Come for this? The heart?" She asks, playing dumb. She lifts the heart in the air. "You mean this heart right here?" She raises her voice.

Maui scolds her for being so loud.

"Come and get it!" Moana shouts into the empty ocean.

"You are gonna get us killed!" Maui scolds

"No. I'm gonna get us to Te Fiti, so you can put it back. Thank you. You're welcome."

Just after she finishes, an arrow flies by and soars right past Kaimana's head. She pulls the arrow out of the boat and Maui takes it from her.

"Kakamora." Maui growls

"Kaka-what?" Moana questions

"Murdering little pirates." Kaimana says as she stands up herself.

"I wonder what they're here for." Maui says as he looks to the stone in her hand

They look into the thick fog that rolled in. Three coconut people emerged.

"They're kinda...cute." Moana says

They then draw on their war paint and the fog rolls away, showing thousands of angry little coconut people. They all have on angry war paint and sharp little helmets and tools.

Kaimana forms a spear and gets ready to fight. Their leader walks up and stares down at the small canoe before the massive ship. He points to the heart.

⌃ ☼ ⌃