Island

⌃☼⌃

Moana wakes up to the rude awakening of Heihei falling on top of her sand covered head. She coughs up some sand as she looks around at the place she landed on.

She brushes the sand off of her face and hair after checkin to make sure the heart stone is still in its spot. She looks to Kaimana but can't find her so she marches to to ocean.

"Uh...what?!" She shouts at the calm waves. "I said help me! Not put me on an island! Not helping!" She says as she goes to kick the water

But Kaimana makes the waves move so she kicks air and falls on her back. She growls and stands up immediately and shouts at the water again.

"Fish pee in you all day!" She shouts

Moana slips on a shell and falls on her back again.

"You are right." Kaimana says as she walks from behind a rock and helps Moana to her feet

"But look where we are~" Kaimana says in a singsong voice.

Moana notices tally marks in the shapes of Maui's hook.

"What..." Moana questions quietly

She gasps and turns to Kaimana with an almost scared look.

"Maui?" Moana asks

Kaimana crosses her arms and shakes her head yes in a proud manner. There's sudden stomping and a large shadow is cast on one of the large stones.

Moana runs behind the boat as Kaimana dives into the water and forms her spear. Moana practices her little monologue and makes sure it's perfect.

"Moana! What are you doing?!" Kaimana scolds as she submerges her head from her water

Moana turns to looks at her but a loud voice scares them both.

"Boat! A boat!" Maui cheers as he lifts the boat over his head. "The gods have given me a..." he spots Moana and screams like a little girl.

He drops the boat and Kaimana leaps from the water and stands behind Maui with her spear ready. Moana stands beside her.

Maui lifts the boat back up, thinking he crushed her with it, only to see Heihei underneath it.

Kaimana clears her throat and points her spear at Maui.

He turns around and the boat spins with him. Moana and Kaimana duck so the boat doesn't hit them.

"Maui, Shapeshifter, demigod of the wind and sea...I am Moana of-"

"Hero of men." Maui interrupts

"What?" Kaimana questions

"It's actually, Maui, shapeshifter, demigod of wind and sea...hero of men. I interrupted. From the top. Hero of men. Go." Maui corrects

Kaimana and Moana stand there confused.

"I am..." he interrupts her again, making Kaimana begin to get agitated

"Sorry, Sorry, Sorry. And women. Men and women. Both. All. Not a guy, girl thing. You know, Maui is a hero to all. You're doing great."

"What? No! We're here to..." Kaimana starts but is cut off

"Of course!" Maui says as takes Moana's oar from her hands. He puts the boat down. "Maui always has time for his fans." He takes Heihei out of the ground and uses his beak to carve a fish hook into the oar. "When you use a bird to write with...it's called tweeting."

"I know. It's not every day you get to meet your hero."

He then takes Kaimana's spear only to have it melt into water from the second he touches it. She forms another spear and whacks him in the stomach with it. Moana grabs him by the ear and pulls him over to her.

"You are not my hero." She growls. "And we are not here so you can sign my oar! I'm here because you stole the heart of Te Fiti! You will board my boat and sail across the sea and put it back." Moana says as she grabs her oar.

"Um..." Maui says as he stands to his full height, causing Moana to trip a bit. "Yeah, it almost sounded like you guys don't like me which is impossible because I got stuck here for a thousand years trying to get the heart as a gift for you mortals. So you can have the power to create life itself."

"Im not a mortal." Kaimana says as she crosses her arms.

Maui rolls his eyes and continues talking.

"So, what I believe you were trying to say...is 'thank you'."

"Thank you?" Kaimana questions

"You're welcome!" Maui smiles

"What? No. We didn't...we weren't..." Kaimana stumbles

Maui raises an eyebrow at her which for some reason makes her heart flutter and her blush.

"Why would we ever say that?" She finishes

"Okay, okay." Maui says. "I see what's happening here." He sings. "You're face to face with greatness and it's strange." He shows Kaimana a mini tattoo of himself and it winks at her. "You don't even know how you feel. It's adorable." He says as he takes off his animal tooth necklace. "Well it's nice to see that humans never change."

"I'm not a mortal." Kaimana tells him again

Maui closes Moana into a cave and blocked her in with a large rock.

"Hey! Let her out!" Kaimana shouts at Maui as he walks away

His tattoo pulls him back.

"No. I'm not going to Te Fiti with a kid." Maui tells his tattoo. "I'm going to get my hook." He turns to Kaimana. "And you, blondie, are helping me."

"Me?" Kaimana questions

"Yeah. You're Kaimana right? Demigoddess of the sea? You're coming with me." He says as he picks her up and tosses her over his buff shoulder

He grabs Heihei just before getting on the boat.

"Boat snack!" He chimes

He tosses her on the boat and behind to paddle away.

"Good riddance, you filthy pile of pebbles!" He shouts back at the island.

⌃☼⌃