Separated

Kaimana lays on the side of the boat, exhausted. Moana wakes from her unconscious state and Maui sits on the edge with his shoulders slouched.

"Are you okay?" Moana asks

When he doesn't answer, Kaimana speaks up.

"Maui?" She asks

Maui turns around and shows them his hook. There's a large chip at the end of it and purple bolts of lightening zap around in some of the cracks. Kaimana stands up and looks at the hook with a saddened expression.

"I told you to turn back." Maui says sounding disappointed

"I though we could make it." Moana defends sheepishly.

"We?" Maui questions rudely

"I though...I could make it." She corrects sadly

Moana tries to lighten the situation.

"We can fix it." Moana suggests. "Kaimana has healing powers. She can do it."

"It was made by the gods. She can't fix it!" Maui says progressively getting louder and more angry

"Next time we'll be more careful." Moana says still trying to make things better. "Te Kâ was stuck on the barrier islands. It's lava, it can't go in the water. We can find our way around." She says as she tightens the ropes around the boat.

"I'm not going back." Maui argues

"We still have to restore the heart." Kaimana speaks up

"My hook is cracked. One more hit, and it's over." Maui tell her

"Maui, you have to restore the heart." Moana demands

"Without my hook, I am nothing." Maui growls

"That's not true!" Kaimana argues

"Without my hook, I am nothing!" He shouts in her face

Kaimana's breath hitches in fear. Maui drops he heart of Te Fiti at her feet and walks behind her.

Kaimana picks it up and gives it to Moana then turns to Maui.

"We are only here because you stole the heart in the first place." Kaimana says, regaining her confidence

"No, we're here because you told her she was special and she believed it." He growls

Moana gets upset.

"I am Moana of Motunui. You will board my boat..."

"Goodbye Moana." He says to her

"...sail across the sea..." Moana continues.

Kaimana grabs his shoulder to turn him around but he pushes her off of him.

"I'm not killing myself so she can prove she's something she's not!" He shouts

"... and restore the heart of Te Fiti!" Moana finishes. "Kaimana chose me!"

He looks over at Kaimana with narrowed eyes.

"She chose wrong." He growls

He uses his hook to try and shape shift but it zaps him at first. He does it again and becomes a hawk and immediately flies away.

"Maui!" Kaimana tells after him

Kaimana stands at the edge of the ship. Moana stands behind her with the heart in her hand and looks down at it with a hurt expression.

Kaimana's tattoos glow from sadness. She turns around to face Moana.

"Why did you bring me here?" Moana asks without looking up from the stone

Kaimana doesn't answer. She looks at her sadly

"I'm not the right person." Moana says as she tries to give Kaimana the heart but she doesn't take it. "You have to choose someone else." She orders as tears start to fill her eyes. "Choose someone else." She begs. "Please." She cries

Kaimana takes the heart from her hands as tears fill her own eyes. She turns her back to Moana and slumps her shoulders. She walks out along the water before making herself sink to the bottom and wait.

At the bottom, Kaimana sees a familiar manta ray. It's large body and unique pattern makes it hard to forget.

"Kaimana." The ray says. "What's wrong?"

"Oh Tala, Moana insists she's not the one. And now I don't know what to do." Kaimana cries.

"Don't worry." The ray says as it swims towards the surface

Kaimana sits at the bottom of the ocean.

It isn't long before she sees Moana swimming towards her with a stern expression. Kaimana smiles at her and hands her the stone and pushes them both back up with a strong current.

She lifts them both onto the boat.

"I'm glad you're back." Kaimana tell her as they hug

They begin to sew the hole in the sail and make sure all the wood is tied in place and everything's secure.

Kaimana pushes a strong current on the back of the boat as Moana steers. Together, they fly through the waters at a fast pace, not stopping. Days go by and they finally reach Te Kâ to finish what Maui started.

⌃☼⌃

MoanaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara