The last night.

Jamie's Pov.

"Hurry up! Get up babe!" She says as she jumps up and down on the bed. "What? What time is it?" I ask. "It's 5:15." she tells me. "why so early?" "Uh, It's our first day at work in over a week." "Oh, wait, THAT'S TODAY?" she nods her head as she sits on her feet. what? I thought it was tomorrow. " Are you sure?" I ask her.

"No." she says as she starts bursting out laughing. "I hate you so much." i tell her. " But ya can't live without me." I roll my eyes, and turn around. She lays back down next to me, wrapping her arm around me. "I love you." she whispers as she's laughing. I smile. "I love you too, Only sometimes." I whisper back. She starts chuckling under her breath. "Why are you up so early anyway?" I ask her.

"Well, You see, I thought that I would start getting up earlier, so that I could pester my lovely boyfriend." "Uhuh, sure." I roll over to face her. She smells of lavender, and some sort of herbal tea. "You smell nice." I tell her.

"I wish I could say the same." She says jokingly. We both burst out in a fit of laughter. "Y-Yo--u Hahah." Eddie starts to say. After laughing for a bit, we turn back over to face each other. "Ya know what Eddie." I begin. "What?" She says.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You make me happy all the time, and we laugh and have fun. No one else has been able to do that with me." She smiles the biggest I've ever seen. "Me too Jamie. Me too." She looks into my eyes as the sun starts to come up.

"So, about how you're feeling." She says. "I feel great actually. Just a few scrapes left." I say. "Well, if you're up to it. I was thinking, we could... you know... have something new for breakfast this morning."

For a second, I thought she was ready. I let out a sigh. "Don't worry, I'll be ready soon." She reassures me. She smiles at me before moving closer to me to cuddle. "Maybe sooner than you think." she says soft spoken. we silence, cuddling for a bit. "I can't believe it's been 8 days already." she says. "Neither can I."

I say half asleep. Eddie moves a little, before finding a comfy spot on my chest. "Jamie," she says. "Yeah?" I say back. "If we get married, and have kids, then, i can't be a police officer anymore." "Well, Why not?" "Well, It would be an endangerment to my pregnant self, and my baby. you know, being on the job."

"well, I can see that." i said. "Like, If we have a 10/13 on the radio, And we go out there, and i get shot, that would be putting our baby at risk, and myself." She sits up on the bed, wrapping some of the blanket around her. "You know?" I nod in agreement. "Yeah, I see." "I so desperately want to spend the rest of my life with you, and have kids with you, but.... I'm thinking about the cost." She says.

i put my arm on her leg, reassuring her. "Let's Live now, Not in the future." I tell her. She smiles, knowing that i'm right. "Damn, Why are you always so wise?" she says jokingly. "I dunno, maybe it's because i'm the son of a very wise man?"

She laughs, brushing her hand over her face. I roll over, looking at the alarm clock on the side of our bed. '5:34' "well, Since we're wide awake, let's get some coffee!" Eddie suggests. She gets up out of bed, and grabs my hand. She pulls me with all her might. I slide across the bed on my back, bundling up the covers under me.

"This is very uncomfortable." I say. "Good." she chuckles. "come on! get up!" She drags me some more, until half my body is hanging off the edge of the bed. she laughs as she pulls me some more. "Get up!!" she tells me, half serious, half laughing. "if you don't get up in less than 30 seconds, i'm gonna kick you in the ball sack." "Okay, Okay, I'm getting up." I say frantically.

she laughs while poking my stomach with her two pointer fingers. "W-What are you doing?" i say. "I'm in a hell of a good mood today!" she practically screams. "That's nice, But could you stop poking me?" She stops for a moment, and places her finger on her chin.