Loneliness

Eddie's Pov.

3 months later...

look at her, Tap dancing around him, Only looking for a good time.

Who does she think she is anyway? I mean.. I've known him for years and he's just gonna let her come right in?

No, I dont think Jamie Would do that... Would he?

Maybe I'm just being silly. Maybe everything is fine, and I'm just being silly.

"Janko, Can I buy you a drink?" A tall dark haired man interrupts my thoughts.

I get a good look at his face, trying to remember where I'd seen him before.

Did I see him at a job related thing? Just then, it comes to me. "Barry?" I call out.

"That's me." He says.

Oh god, not that guy. I spent the time we were together trying to get rid of him.

"Uh.. What are.. you Doing here?" I mutter, Trying to gather my thoughts in the process.

"Oh, You know, Just Chilling in a bar on a Friday night." He states.

I look over to see Jamie watching us. I try to signal for him to help. But he Goes back to talking to That Stupid law school Girl.

"So i was Wondering if we could catch up on things?" He says. "Yeah, Uhuh, But uhm. Listen... I've Got a thing tonight." I say trying to pretend like I'm listening. I mean.. i do. So it isn't Lying.. Right?

He raises his eyebrow In disbelief. "A thing?" he says unamused. "Yeah, A.. thing." I Say trying to sound Believable.

" oh really, What kind of thing?" Shit, What do i do now. "A uhm..... Work thing." He rolls his eyes, and walks off. "If only You'd be more creative with your excuses." he says as he goes over to where he was sitting before.

What a relief. I sigh, and grab my beer from the counter. I watch Jamie out of the corner of my eye as I take a sip of my drink.

I see him look at the girl up and down.
I sigh out of anger and exhaustion.
OK janko, you can't go off on him right now. I mean.. yes I do have feelings but, ugh.. I hate my feelings. Can't I just leave them behind?

I overhear him say something to the girl. I quickly fumble my eyes away as he walks over.
"Hey Janko." He says with a cheerful smile. I take a swig of my drink before replying. " uh.. yeah! Its going pretty good, but yours seems to be going better."
I say. He raises one eyebrow at me. "What do you mean?" He says sceptically.
"Oh, you know.. the fact that you've scored a hot date." I say. He puts one hand on his hip, and shifts his weight.

He nervously laughs as he licks his lips. "And how would you know that?"
He asks me. " I have my sources." I say as I take another swig of my drink.