Soulmates

Jamie's P.o.v.

When we arrive to the precinct, we Immediately part our ways and go into the the locker rooms to get changed into our uniforms. I go to my locker, and grab my uniform hanging inside. I lay it in the bench, and start removing my clothes. After my clothes are off, I grab the uniform from the bench, and start to put the pants on. Once the pants are on, I put the shirt on, snapping each button. Lastly, I grab my belt and wrap it around my waist, grabbing my gun to put in the holster. I almost forget my shoes as I start walking out the door. I grab those, and slip them on. I start walking out the door only to be greeted by an Eddie in uniform."Ya ready Reagan?" She says playfully. I nod and smile. We walk down the hall, and clock in. "Here comes another long day ahead of us." She says whilst sighing. I look at her in agreement, and head to the office to grab the keys to the car. Once I get the keys, we walk down the hall tawords the door. I pull the door open letting Eddie go in front of me. "What a gentleman." She says jokingly. I smile, and wink as she walks out the door. I unlock the car so she can get in. I open the diver side door and hop in. I turn on the car and pull out of the parking lot. " Jamie." She says whilst pausing for a moment. "Yeah?" I reply curiously. "Do you believe in soulmates?" Taken aback by this random question, I think for a moment." Yeah, yeah I do. Why?" "Well, there's a 1 in 7,000 chance that you'll actually meet your soulmate." I think for a moment about that. Have I met my soulmate? I think as we reach a red light. We look at each other for a moment. "Where are you going with this?" I say hesitantly. " Well, I think I might've met my soulmate." Thinking it's one of her dates she went with, I feel my heart drop to my stomach." Oh really?" I say trying to sound happy.

"Well, I- I think it might be you Jamie." Taken back by this answer, my heart jumps out of my chest with excitment. "Really?" I say trying not to sound excited. "Well, I've been thinking about it..for a while." "Well, I've been thinking about it too." Just then we get a call on the radio. We've 1013 at west wayside street, officer needs assictance. "Central 12 david, show us responding." Eddie reaches down and turns on the lights. I put the petal to the metal and floor it all the way there. Once we get there, I immediately slam the brakes and get out of the car. I grab my weapon out of it's holster, and signal for Eddie to take the other side of the building. I come around to the scene, and take cover behind a car. I hear gunshots. Immediately, I rise up to see an officer on the ground, and a running purp. Just as I was about to run for him, Eddie comes from around the corner and runs after him. I immediately go to the officer. " Hey, Hey buddy! Look at me!" I say as I'm smacking his face trying to keep him conscious.

I immediately go for my radio. "Officer down at this location, bring a bus." Soon enough, I hear more gunshots. I run as fast as I can around the corner. I see Eddie standing there with her gun drawn and the purp on the ground. " I had to choice Jamie, he pointed his weapon at me and.... and... he..." I quickly pull her into my arms and hold her close. She immediately starts crying in shock. Soon enough, I hear the bus arrive. I quickly run around to see them put him onto the bus. I yell out to tell him that there's another guy shot around the corner. They rush to the scene and bring him to the bus. Soon enough they drive off leaving me and eddie. " You did everything by the book Eddie." I say while resting my forehead on hers. "Remember when we were talking about soul mates earlier?" She says in a soft voice. "Yeah." I say back. " " It's definitely you." She says while gently pressing her lips on mine. I quickly kiss back, leaning in closer to deepen the kiss. I pull away and look into her eyes. " We should probably get back to work." I say while smiling. " Yeah.. you're right." We walk back to the
car, hop in and We start to drive off down the street.