C h a p t e r - F o u r t e e n

"Be careful with me, do you know what you doin'?
Whose feelings that you're hurtin' and bruisin'?
You gon' gain the whole world
But is it worth the girl that you're losin'?
Be careful with me"
- Be Careful -

"Be careful with me, do you know what you doin'?Whose feelings that you're hurtin' and bruisin'?You gon' gain the whole worldBut is it worth the girl that you're losin'?Be careful with me" - Be Careful -

Chapter Fourteen :
Be careful
Katherine Carter
____•____

It was 11:36 when we arrived and we knew we fucked up.

"Katherine we missed the Academic Decathlon!" Peter
says throwing his hands up in frustration while I take a bite out of my breakfast burrito.

"IM SORRY BUT I WAS HUNGRY AND I NEEDED FOOD!" I yell and he rolls his eyes.

"You couldn't have waited?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"You couldn't have- well I wouldn't have stopped for food after running from the freaking police if someone hadn't passed out in the van and taken us to Starks garage with all of his alien toys!" I say and scoff taking another big bite of my food making sure to glare at him the whole time

"Well we are here anyway so come on we can't have that thing blow up in a Washington Monument." He says and I offer him a bite just to irritate him more but chuckle when he shakes his head saying no.

"Alright." I say and finish it before throwing my wrapper away in the trash can like the good American citizen I am.

We run towards the monument but stop when we see an explosion.

"Shit shit shit." We both say and I run faster than Peter knowing that if anything happened to my classmates it would be on me.

Once we got to the building I stopped looking for a way in.

"Security blocked the doors so we have to climb." He says and I nod.

I snap my fingers making a mask appear and I put it on.

Peter starts climbing as fast as he can and I grab my bow shooting the top and making sure it stick before typing it around my waist and started to climb.

When we arrived at the top Peter started to panic a little.

"Karen I need you to speak louder because I can't really hear you." Peter yells and I look at him in confusion.

"You haven't reinstalled your parachute so a fall from this height could be lethal." His suit Karen says and my eyes widen a little in surprise