Chapter 18

I saw the pack there. They all looked at me and that's when I knew that something was going on. When I saw Jake and Seth there I left to my room. I got ready for bed and laid down ready to go to sleep. I'm not gonna see them again. Just those two. The others are ok. I just decided to go to sleep.

~Time Skip To The Next Morning~

I woke up and smiled. If I'm going to maybe die I'm gonna be positive. I did my morning routine and got dressed in a blue long sleeve shirt, black jeans, and a pair of boots. I started walking down stairs and saw that the pack was there. I shrugged and waved.

"Hey Esme. Where are the others?" I asked seeing nobody else here. She gave me a plate of hash browns and eggs as well as a glass of orange juice.

"They are making sure everything is ready. You are family now we want to make sure your safe ok honey." She said as she sat down next to me. I sighed and nodded.

"I'm a bit scared but I'm confident that I'll survive. I'm gonna finish high school and then college and then I'm gonna do something to make the world a better place. I just hope that nobody dies I don't want people dying because of me." I said while eating my eggs.

"We aren't gonna die. Now finish breakfast and go to school." She said as she left the room. I laughed a bit before finishing my breakfast and washing my plate. I walked past the pack and waved at them before grabbing my book bag and leaving for school. Emmett or Edward drives me to school. I heard a car honk and I saw both of them in the car. I walked over and hopped in the back seat.

"Jeez you took forever." Em teased. I glared at him.

"No I didn't you guys just move super fast." I argued making them both laugh. Once we got to school I said bye before walking in the building. It was a normal school day. I wasn't harassed or anything which I'm glad about. After school I walked to Ms.Lana's house. Once I got there Ash decided to scare me and I out of reflex punched him.

"Ash I'm so sorry. Well kinda sorry. Are you ok?" I asked helping him up. He laughed a bit.

"Yeah I'm fine. You have a lethal right hook." He said holding his eye in pain. I ran to the freezer to get an ice pack. I came back and put an ice pack on his eye.

"Sorry but you kinda deserved it." I said making sure it was ok. He'll be fine in a few hours. I walked over to the training room and saw that Ms.Lana was packing up the weapons.

"We will train with your friends. To work as a unit you practice as a unit. Now let's go." She said. I sighed because I know I'm not ready for this. All this fuss few over 1 person that wouldn't make a difference. I'm just 1 person and these people are willing to risk their lives for me. We got to the car. I watched as the trees passed by well until I was struck with another vision. This one happened so fast that I couldn't see what was happening. I knew that it changed for sure though. Something different is going to happen. We got to the Cullens house and we got to the back where that train. It looked like I had an entourage because I had Ms.Lana and Ash with me. They looked at us like the odd ones out. I waved.

"That's Ms.Lana and this is Ash. They are gonna be fighting with us." I said grabbing my sword from the bag.

"Lana, Ash if you don't mind me asking what are you? You don't smell human." Carlisle asked.

"We are Fae. Ash is a snow leopard and I'm a black jaguar. Now let's start training." Ms.Lana explained. Esme stopped us for a sec.

"Actually we have some more people helping. Vampire friends." Esme explained. They flew in vampires they knew from across the globe to help.

"I don't want to put more people at risk for me. I'm 1 person. Now we have another 18 vampires helping for 1 person. I don't want this." I said stressing out. More people coming the more blood that might be on my hands. "I have my friends here. I love them, I love the pack, I love my teachers, I love the Cullens, and I know that these new vampires are good people. I don't want them dying for me." I said starting to break down crying. Ms.Lana wiped my tears away.

"You listen to me. These people are here because they want to they weren't forced. Now save that sadness and anger for the battlefield. Now take that sword that you crafted and fight. I will not listen to your excuses why we shouldn't be here." She said sternly. I nodded crying my tears. I refuse to cry. I walked into the house for a second to just clear my head and grab a bottle of water. I chugged the whole bottle of water and sighed. I heard the door open and turned around. I was expecting to see Ash or Maddie, even Emmett but I wasn't expecting to see Seth after what he did. I put the bottle in the recycles and started walking back out. But he grabbed my arm stopping me. I looked at him with a blank expression.

"What do you want?" I asked snatching my arm from his grasp. He sighed.

"Paige I'm really really sorry. I didn't mean what I said or did. I was just blinded by my anger I couldn't control myself. Please come back I love you." He said whole heartedly. I tried not to but I laughed.

"Yeah ok. I'm not ready to forgive you yet Seth. You layer a hand on me, you belittled me, insulted me, and said you didn't ask for me. I'm not ready to take you back and I'm not sure I want you back to be honest. This mark shouldn't be on me." I said before walking out the door. I didn't really care how bad it hurt him to hear that he needed to hear it. Now I don't really care about anything. He made a mistake. He shouldn't have done what he did. We all practiced with weapons the whole day. Everyone was surprised at how I could fight so well. I enchanted the weapons somehow so it would actually kill the demons. I just did what I was told with no idea of what I was doing. I sighed knowing tomorrow I would be fighting for my life.