Chapter 16

I woke up and decided to go for a run because I haven't been on one in a while. I put on my jogging outfit which was a pair of running pants, a loose shirt, and some running shoes. I tied my hair in a ponytail and then went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my business. I grabbed my phone and my headphones and started to play some music. I smiled while jogging down my normal path. Seth and the others had weapons training so I'm by myself today. I slowed my jogging down to walking. I heard movement. I looked around and found a mountain lion looking at me through a bush. I quickly looked around to see if it was looking at me or something else. Nope he was looking at me. If I move he'll attack if I stay he'll attack I can't win. There's something off about him he's all black. The mountain lion is all black even his eyes... that's not normal. He started moving further towards me and out of instinct I backed up. When I backed up and hit a tree I knelt down to find a stick or a rock. I found a fairly large stick. I held it close and backed up towards the house slowly but still moving. It kept moving toward me like I was prey. This has never happened to me before if anything animals have always been nice to me. It started moving faster I just ignored my mind and started running. I could hear it running after me. With my bad luck I was running down a steep hill and it became hard to not trip. And I tripped and started rolling down a hill. I was tumbling down and everything hurt. I could feel scratches and scrapes all over. My clothes were for sure ripped. A tree stopped me from falling any further. I literally crashed into a tree and now my side hurts. I saw the black beast and ran in a random direction. I think the Cullen's house is this way. They're training today. I just have to be quick. I stopped to take a quick breath. Bad idea. The stupid cat decided to bite my leg. I of course screamed because the thing had it's teeth in my leg. Then it let go and I fell. I got up and made an ice slide to where they were. I looked behind and the cat was still following me. I looked at the slide and there was blood on the ice from my leg. I was going head first. He pounced on me and I saw the Cullen's house. The ice broke like it was never there. I punched him in the face. Nothing worked. It then left me there. It walked away. Why would it walk away? I manipulated the air to fly me to the Cullen's house. I snuck into Carlisle's medical office where he has first aid kits. I cleaned the cut as quietly as I could. I almost always had my shield up so Alice wouldn't do able to see what happened. I then concentrated my mind on the cut and focused on it closing. It is taking more effort than usual. They're all training so nobody would walk in. A little into healing this thing shut I have come to a conclusion... I can't heal this it's to draining. I started to look through the first aid kit for a needle and thread. As I was looking around I felt someone behind me. I look and saw Carlisle there. He was looking down at the giant animal like teeth marks in my leg. He super sped over to a cabinet with medical supplies. He sped over to me and looked at it. Black ooze was dripping out of it. It looked creepy. He grabbed a small container and put some of the ooze in it then stitched up my cut. I feel like the dumbo in a horror film that didn't listen to logic so they did stupid stuff. Little talking was done throughout this.

"Thanks." I said while he was finishing my last stitch.

"You should've called for help. Seth started doubling over in pain. We all thought it was him being sore from training but looking at you I guess not." He said looking at my appearance. Oh yeah Carlisle I'll remember to call for help when I'm being attacked. Note the sarcasm. I opened a mirror to show him what happened or what I remember. He looked and nodded.

"This explains what Seth was feeling. He kept saying he felt like he was being punched by a rock repeatedly." Carlisle said with a sigh. With help from the stitches the cuts very slowly started healing. That's never happened before they usually start healing within minutes not an hour. I sighed and looked at myself. I looked like I fell down a hill probably because I did. I called Adeline, Maddie, and Jade to come and bring me some clothes. They were running late to training anyway... something about Adeline trying to find the right outfit and Maddie trying to tame herself from going into every store and Jade feeling like a babysitter... something like that. I waited a good 10 minuets before they came and brought me some clothes. I changed in the bathroom and what was in the bag was cute. It was a gray sports bra, a blue tank, and a black pair of volleyball shorts. I could tell Maddie picked this out. I fixed my ponytail so I didn't look like I walked out of a zombie apocalypse. And put my running shoes back on. I went outside after making sure everything was healed. I looked around and saw that everyone was training. I walked over to some throwing knives and saw a tree. Adeline ran over suddenly and gave me a box with a bow on it.