Chapter 20

Shai .
I was so overjoyed to have August in my life. He's amazing & he's done so much for me, man. What would Aubrey & I do without him?
I pulled up to momma Aug house & got out. I had my own key so I just walked in. "momma!" She came rushing from her room half dressed with Aubrey wobbling behind her, "Hey baby. I'm sorry I'm trying to get ready. I got their stuff together, it's on the counter. Jay baby, c'mon!" I put Aubrey on my hip and put their stuff on my arm. "thank you so much momma." Then she stopped and put her hands on her hips, "Did you love your ring?" I laughed, "You know?" She laughed, "of course, I helped August pick it out!" I smiled, "Yes, I love it."
I got them situated in the car and drove back home, it was only 2 so Aubrey can nap while me , Jay & August play UNO.
I walked in and put Aubrey down in her playpen. "August!" He didn't answer. I knew he was here because his car was still outside. "Baby?" I called again walking into the room. When, I walked in his eyes were glued to his phone. I smiled and plopped beside him. "Miss me?" I tried to snuggle up on him but, he rejected me. "What, man?" I threw myself back. "man? What's so damn interesting in your phone?" I crossed my arms at my chest. "Nothing. Where are my kids?" He got up and walked out.
What was that all about? We finally getting somewhere and he wanna take steps back. No sir, it is not the time. I'm not letting someone hurt me again. I'm not young and dumb anymore. I'm still young but I've learned.
I brushed August's little attitude off and began lunch. I was just making grill ham & cheese and potato wedges. I wasn't in the mood for anything fancy. I finished the last sandwich which was mine because I make it specially for me. "Jay!" I yelled, calling for lunch. He came running in here like he's never eaten. "Boy, slow down." I laughed and put him and Aubrey's plate on the table. I got him settled and went to get my baby. She was laughing as August threw her up. I smiled because August was so good with her. My babies, I laughed to myself. "c'mon baby" I reached for her. August totally ignored my hands and got up, "You hungry, baby?"
I rolled my eyes and brushed that shit off again. I followed behind them into the kitchen. The table was completely quiet. Jay usually talking our heads off but, I guess the food was keeping that mouth occupied. Hallelujah, I joked with myself. Since, things didn't go as first planned it was now time for Aubrey's nap. I didn't ask, I took Aubrey and laid her down. Jay got a couple toys and sat in front of the tv. I made sure they were fine and went to check on my big baby.
I plopped in the bed, "Can you please tell me what your problem is?" I asked, almost begging. He looked at me and back his phone, this made me mad. "August fucking Alsina! What is your problem?!" I yelled. His neck popped to look at me. I don't usually curse but, hey! Make me mad and I'm gone go off. "Here, now leave me alone."
He gave me a small folded piece of paper, when I unfolded it I realized his problem. "You so childish, this isn't that big of a deal big baby!" I chuckled.
I know short, but yeah here y'all go