five

third person's pov

Grayson is now beyond worried. After Ethan's run out and his vision in his sleep, he has come to terms with the fact that they are mates. Although he has no idea how or why he just knows.

The Vampires and Werewolves have had no problems since making the VWB. Yet they have always hated the other before the Vampire and Werewolf fell in love. Now that made things worse than things already were.

Before the Vampires and Werewolves found out about the couple they were on bad terms, to begin with. The Vampires stole anything. Money, food, gold, jewels anything they wanted and could find. The Werewolves have always hated the Vampires and just them taking what they earned made them even madder.

Ethan's father, Alexander has always hated Grayson's dad, Jasper. Alexander was the person behind the vampires taking all those things from the werewolves. And Jasper was pissed, still pissed.

The reason why Jasper wants to kill Ethan. Grayson only knows that his father wants to kill Ethan, not the reasons why.

++++++++++++++

Ethan was sitting at the table with his father. His heart fluttering every time his father mentioned Grayson's name. Once his father gave him the choice of either killing Grayson or letting him go he can only think of is the latter. He knows he needs to make a decision sooner or later and if he doesn't fast enough his father will choose for him.

"Son?" Alexander asked making Ethan look up from his hands. "You need to make a decision Ethan. About the wolf or I will." That was Ethan's worse nightmare. If his father made the decision he knows full well he'll kill him.

Ethan knew the right answer to his problem. But he couldn't lose his mate. Not just after just finding out. If he told his dad why. His dad would kill him and Grayson.

"Dad," Although he wouldn't tell his dad about Grayson being his mate, "I think Grayson, deserves to be let free." His father's eyes widened, "Even though you hate every wolf that's alive. Grayson is just a stray. We don't know where he's from or what he was even doing here."

"Even though he killed two of our best fighters, he deserves to be let free." Alexander was wordless he thought for sure that Ethan would choose to kill that damn wolf than letting it free. Ethan's heart was racing, was his dad not going to listen to him and kill Grayson? If he even tried to kill Grayson, his dad wouldn't see the next day.

"Well, I didn't expect that answer. But you are becoming the new king and if that's what you think is best. Then so be it. Guards!" Ethan was glad that his father only said that and nothing more. But why would he need guards? Is he planning on releasing Grayson today?

"Yes, your majesty?" One of the guards asked as they rounded the corner to see what the kin wanted. "The wolf below us is going to be released right now. Could you escort me and my son down there to tell it?" So Alexander's plan was releasing Grayson today.

"Yes, your majesty. Anything else?" Alexander shook his hand and stood up from the head of the table. Ethan was still processing the answer his father gave him. He knew that his father didn't approve with his final decision, but Grayson means the world to him now and nothing can get in the way of that.

++++++++

Grayson is pacing in his cage. Ethan the only thing on his mind. It was his job to kill him but he never thought that he would find out they were mates and he could never leave him. What would his father think? Even though Jasper is dying he can still punish Grayson.

But what would he punish him with? Would he kill his own son? The thought of Ethan being hurt swarmed his mind. What if a werewolf came and finished the job for Grayson? He was now petrified.

A sudden bang came from above him, the sound of a door opening almost cleared his mind. Is it Ethan or his father? The stairs screamed as unknown people walked down from above. Guards appeared as the King himself and Ethan trailed behind them.

Grayson's heart was in his throat when he saw Ethan. He was okay but didn't look it at all. What were the King and all those guards doing? Grayson though. Are they going to kill him? He didn't have a single clue. If it was just Ethan he wouldn't be freaking out but this is something way different.

"Wolf," The Kings deep voice brought him out of his thoughts, "My son here is releasing you. You don't deserve to be let go, your head should be on my wall. But this is Ethan's decision, not mine." He stepped back and pushed Ethan forward.

Ethan stumbled but made eye contact with Grayson. Even though they had no idea what they were doing or even trying to get across. Ethan nodded and Grayson just stood there breathless. Ethan turned and nodded at his father. "Guards. Let him go." Alexander commanded as one of the guards took a key and unlocked Grayson's cell.

Grayson didn't move. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't leave Ethan. But if he didn't leave bad things will happen. He slowly stepped forward to the opening of the cell, Ethan and his father stood their ground as the guards backed up in fear.

"Alright wolf, time to put you back." Alexander hissed as Grayson just rolled his eyes and walked forward. Grayson didn't have a clue what to do. If he left he couldn't leave with out Ethan. The bond they share is very rare, but they need each other to survive.