The Greeting

"Oh, no." I stopped just as I saw those devil eyes.

He looked at me with pure hatred in his eyes. He put his arm around Samanthas waist. I was really hoping that she would have pushed him off but no. She smiled at him.

"Lupe this is Connor." She said.

I didn't meet her until college. She never knew we went out.

"Hi nice to meet you." I said going to shake his hand.

He looked at me as if he was confused. He concentrated on my face and then his eyes traveled down my body and stopped at my stomach. Samantha took him out of his thoughts by elbowing his rib.

He stuck his hand out and shook mine.

I figured he would buy this so I continued. I mean he wouldn't bring anything up if he didn't know I knew him.

Samantha handed me a bag that said, It's A Boy!

"We got a little something for the baby. Congrats by the way!" She said as she hugged me.

I smiled and said, "Aw thank you! You didn't have to."

"We wanted to." She said grabbing Connors hand.

I ordered a drink and sat down at a table with them.

"I'm going to the bathroom." Sam said getting up. "Get to know each other you two. I want my friends to be friends."

She walked away and I took a sip of my drink. Connor watched her as she walked away. As soon as she wasn't in sight he started.

"Listen you slut, if you thought I would forget you, you're wrong. You better go back and clear my name because if you don't there will be consequences." He warned.

"I'm sorry but what are you talking about?" I lied.

"Bitch don't lie. You're a horrible liar you know." He said.

"I really don't feel comfortable with you calling me things when I just met you." I said.

"I really don't feel comfortable with you calling me things." He mocked me.

"Are you going to lie and tell me that baby isn't mine?" He said looking at my belly.

"This is my boyfriends baby. How could it be yours if I JUST met you!" I said sounding frustrated.

"Wait so you really don't know who I am?" He asked sounding less mean.

"No." I said.

Sam came back and said, "Guys guess who's here!"

"who?" We asked in unison.

"Colin Kaepernick!" she said smiling.

"Omg Cool!" I said not giving up my act.

"Why don't we go see!" Connor asked.

"Uh I actually am really really tired and-" I got cut off.

"Non sense. C'Mon! Be fun!" Samantha said.

"Yeah, be fun." Connor repeated.

"Alright, first I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be back." I said speed walking towards the bathroom.

Once I got there I took my phone out and called Colin.

"Please pick up" I whispered to myself.

After the third ring he answered.

"Babe what's up?" He asked.

"What are you doing here at the mall?" I asked.

"I came to buy these new beats that came out." He said.