The Parents

"Lupe where are my hats?" He asked with a serious face.

"They're in the drawer beneath my shoes." I said changing the channel.

"I told you not to do that." He said walking to the room.

"Well there's nothing in it. Just leave it dude." I said following him to make sure he didn't move them.

"Well whenever you need it just tell me okay?" He said grabbing a hat.

"Kk" I responded going back to the living room.

He was going to pick up his parents from the airport today. I didn't want them to see my cantaloupe size stomach so I wore a loose maxi dress. I guess you could tell but not a lot and that's what I was going for. As for shoes I wore some flats. While Colin was gone I made some chilaquiles to eat for lunch. My mom taught me how to make it. I didn't add chile because maybe they don't eat spicy stuff. I set out the plates on the table and I made sure to have everything ready.

I went out to the backyard and fed Sammy, Colin's tortoise. He was the cutest thing ever like seriously. I took a picture of him and posted it on Instagram. I'm private on there and I have like 2907 follow requests. I would put mine public but I don't want people looking through my personal stuff. I have a public account but I rarely use that account because I turn the notifications off and I forget about it.

I went back inside and Colin started calling my name.

"I'm coming!" I said walking to the door.

"Hello! You must be Lupe!" Colin's mom said.

"I am." I said laughing.

"He's told us so much about you. He wouldn't shut up the whole ride!" His dad explained.

"Aw come here!" His mom said hugging me.

"Oof" I said as she hugged me tightly.

"What's this?" She smiled as she touched my belly.

"Well mom, Lupe here is pregnant." Colin said hugging me.

"Oh my gosh! Congrats! How far along are you?" His mom asked sitting down with me.

"I'm about 18 weeks." I responded.

"So have you found out what it is?" She asked.

"Actually, last week we went to get an ultrasound and I bought some pictures to give to you guys." I said handing her the pictures,

"Oh my goodness, Rick look!" She said calling Colins dad over.

Rick hugged Colin and they started laughing. I felt bad that I was lying to everyone. They think it's Colins but Colin has never even had sex with me. I was just happy right now because of how his family was so supportive.

"So what is it going to be?" Rick asked.

"We can't say." Colin said.

"Why not?" Teresa asked.

"Because we will reveal it tomorrow night when Lupe has her family on skype." Colin explained.

"So are you two getting married soon?" His mom asked.

"Maybe a little later than soon. Would want to stress her out while she's pregnant, ma." Colin answered.

"After I have this baby I'll think about wedding plans." I laughed.

They all laughed and we went to the table.

"I made my favorite dish. I hope you guys like them as well." I said serving them.

They all tasted it and told me that it was good.

After that we all watched a movie. We watched World War Z. Honestly I was so into Brad Pitt the whole time. I literally concentrated on him and my Lays chips. I had my own plate of chips because I had added so much tapatio and lemon in it. Colin already knew about my spicy food addiction.

I texted my brother to get the family together for the gender reveal at 4pm. He texted back saying he would. While Colin cleaned I went to take a shower. I took my contacts out and put my glasses on.

I put my pajamas on and walked to the living room. I helped Colin finish cleaning. After finishing cleaning we all said goodnight and Colin and I went to bed. I fell asleep right away because honestly I was just too tired.

...

The next morning Colin and I went to the store to buy some balloons. We bought blue for boy. We kept them in his car so no one saw. Colin's parents were in the living room watching the news. I made breakfast for everybody.

Colin went to go train so I had to stay with his parents. It wasn't a bad thing, I enjoyed it. They showed me Colin's baby pictures and he was the cutest thing ever! He had a mini Afro when he was a baby. It was so cute. I also talked to his mom about baby names for a girl or a boy. I really didn't want to give anything away so I named a girl name first.

I had set up my iPod with the wifi in the house so I could FaceTime my family later. Colins mom asked me if i was going to be giving birth here in San Francisco.

"Well my plan is that when I'm about 8 months I'll go to my parents house and then have the baby in Washington." I answered.

"Its great that you at least have a plan." She smiled.

I didn't really want to give birth here in San Francisco where I barely knew anyone. I also wanted my parents to be there when I gave birth to this demon. Plus Colins parents could probably fly over to meet it.

"Can I just have a clue on what it is?" She asked.

"It has hands and feet." I answered.

"Wow! Really? I had no idea!" She sarcastically answered.

"Well you learn something new every day." I blankly said.

She laughed and we both went to the kitchen. She was going to teach me how to make pasta Alfredo her way. I was happy that we actually got along. Usually moms hate me. My friend Josh's mom hates me. He's gay so I have no clue why she would. It's all good though because I like Teresa as well. She's a good woman and I really like how she's always thinking of others.