The Person They See

"So what did Colin want?" Urania asked as she drove us to the South Center mall.

"Nothing. He just wanted to invite me to go somewhere before he left" I responded looking out the window.

"and what did you say?" She asked once more.

"I agreed sort of. I mean it's not bad is it? We can just be friends?" I replied.

"See that's your problem. You can't be mad at anyone for too long. You eventually just want to be friends. Why can't you be a normal girl with enemies and some cheese in your life" Urania ranted.

"I have plenty of cheese in my life excuse you. What's fun about having enemies.I mean like if I was an Apple I wouldn't be afraid to be friends with a knife because even though it seems dangerous and sharp that blade can just be dulled out and it wouldn't be sharp anymore. It would just be a piece of metal. People are like that. You just gotta find out how to smooth them out safely because you can cut yourself" I explained my logic to her.

"That was deep. But you need to try at least to not take him back so easily" She said.

"Whatever. It's better to have friends than have enemies." I told her.

"If only everyone thought like you did, that innocent little mind of yours was everyone's then maybe we wouldn't live in a world like this" She said.

"Well I'm me and they're them. There's No fun if everyone is the exact same mam"

"Just shut up and take the compliment" She said laughing.

I laughed with her. The rest if the ride consisted of us singing our little hearts out and the occasional So how's your family?

When we arrived we went towards JCPenny. We started looking for dresses. I found this one dress that looked like one I saw online.I might as well right? It was a turquoise sequenced top and the skirt was like a pencil skirt and reached mid thigh.I would match it with some wedges I had.

Urania got a collard button down no sleeve top. she Also got a mini skirt and some black pumps to match. Julia got a bodycon dress and some pumps. We walked to the Chinese food place. I got chow mien, Julia got orange chicken, and Urania got the special meal of the day.

We ate and then went to fill up the tank of her car. When we got to the dorms it was 5:47. The party didn't start till 8. I hurried to go shower. Afterwards I got ready and did my hair. Urania was right behind me as we got ready. Julia did our make-up. She was the last one to get ready.

"You look gorgeous Loops" Urania told me.

"So do you ranran" I told her, "and Julia, oh Julia, the best of all!"

"No! Loop you are the best of us all. Look at you. All grown up!" She laughed.

By the time we were done it was. 8:30. The frat house was about 15 minutes from here driving. We left and got there at 8:50.

As we entered the place was already near full.

"I'm gonna go look for Ian, you Go find Jaime!" Urania told me.

"Okay." I said.

"I heard my name" I heard a deep voice behind me. It was the one and only Jaime Marquez. Star Soccer player at UW.

"Oh hey!" I said.

"Hey. Wow, You look beautiful" He complimented me.

"Thank you. You look nice" I replied.

"Thank you" He said. "Would you like to come dance with me." He asked.

"Sure why not?" I said smiling. I followed him to where everyone else was dancing.