The Announcement

Colin came home at around five in the afternoon. I had dinner ready and I was about to get the balloons from the car with Colin.

"Babe, you ready?" Colin said grabbing the balloons.

"Yup." I said.

I had given my ipod to his mom so my family could see us bringing in the balloons that would reveal the baby's gender. I was very excited that my family could be a part of this moment. Colin and I walked into the house with the balloons in hand. His parents gasped and I could hear my family laughing and yelling at each other telling each other that they knew. I laughed that they were all happy for me and Colin, I couldn't ask for anything better.

My dad was tearing up so i talked to him. I grabbed my ipod and i walked to the room to talk to him.

"Hey Daddy." I said.

"Hola hija." He smiled.

"Don't cry," I said.

"I am not going to cry. I'm happy that you are going to have my second grandson," He laughed.

"So are you going to watch the world cup?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Yes. Who do you for?" He asked.

"a Brazil." I smiled.

"You still like Neymar don't you," he laughed.

"Yeah. He's my boo." I said to myself.

"Well, rest and then we'll talk," he said.

"That sounds good. Tell everyone I love them very much," I said blowing him a kiss then hanging up.

I walked to the living room where Colin was talking to his parents.

"So who's hungry?" I asked.

They all smiled and sat down to eat.

.

.

.

The next day I took a picture of the balloons and posted it on Instagram with the caption, "It's a Boy!"

I got many comments saying congrats from my friends. I also got texts asking about a baby shower. I answered saying I didn't think about having one.

My mom texted me asking when I would go back. I told her that I didn't know. Colin went to the gym and I was left alone. Colins parents went to the mall to shop.

I decided to make the most out of my time and I watched Modern Family. Modern Family is me. I am Modern Family. Jk. but I watch it a lot.

After halfway through an episode I got bored so I checked when the next game would start (world cup: soccer).

Portugal vs. Ghana.

They were almost done and the score was 1-1.

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!" I yelled.

and in came Colin and his parents as I yelled.

"Strong lungs you got there." Colin laughed.

"I know." I said kissing him as I walked to the kitchen.

I grabbed my phone and called my dad.

"Dad did you see the goal that Portugal made?!" I asked.

"I did! But none of them are going to move on," he answered.

Colin and his parents looked at me as if I was crazy. #rude

"Pues al rato hablamos. Hay gueros que me están mirando como si yo fuera una loca." (Well we'll talk later. There's white people here that are looking at me as if I was crazy.) I said.

"Esta bien. Me los saludas. Bye." (Sounds good. Greet them for me. Bye.) He hung up.

"My dad says hi." I told them as I set my phone down.

Colin was all sweaty and gross so he went to shower. Colins dad and mom started showing me some baby clothes they bought. There were Carters pajamas, one was gray and blue striped with a lion on the chest and feet, another that was blue and navy blue with a dinosaur on the side, and final pajama was a turqoise and gray one with a raccoon on the side.

They also got a onesie with the superman logo which was sort of ironic.

They were all so cute.

"Thank you, theyre all so cute!" I said folding them and i put them in a pile.

"It's no problem. This is our second grandbaby and we are so excited!" Rick said.

I smiled and left them there so I could go change. We were all going out for dinner because they were leaving tomorrow morning.

...

After the restaurant we got home and I went straight to the room. Colin stayed up on his lapop answering some emails. I was just on Instagram replying to some of the comments on my post. I also received follow requests from Kyle and Devon, Colins brother and sister. I accepted them and then followed back. I texted my friend Samantha, who I hadn't spoken to in a while. She said she was visiting California for a while before going back to New York, where she's from.

Can we meet up on Tuesday? She asked.

Yeah I guess. I answered.

Great. Congrats by the way on the baby. She said.

Thanks. I replied.

Well goodnight, I'll text you where to meet me at okay? She asked.

Sounds like a plan. I typed.

I set my phone down and covered myself in the blankets. I was about to fall asleep, when Colin decided to come to bed.

I hit him with my neck pillow.

"What was that for?" He whispered.

"For getting in bed as I was about to sleep." I said turning around.

"Im sorry babe." He said hugging me. He kissed my neck and I dozzied off to sleep.