Chapter 34

*Tony's pov*
" Has anyone seen Rebel, I need to talk to her" I ask, standing in front of the TV where Clint, Natasha, Steve, Thor and Pepper are all watching some movie Steve  had recommended.

I get a unison of shrugs and ' I don't knows' from the group, I lose all hope of getting any information  about where the teen was from my team, so instead I turn to JARVIS for answers.

" JARVIS, tell Rebel to come down here" I request.

" I'm sorry sir ,Ms Stark is not here right now" The AI replies instantly.

" Well can you tell me where she is then?"  I say annoyed at the lack of information I'm finding out.

" She seemed to be heading out somewhere, I do not know the exact location" JARVIS informs me.

I don't even need to think where Rebel would be, especially at this time of night. I pick up the phone and dial Jax's number, it rang a few times before a sleepy voice comes over the speaker.

" Mr. Stark?" Jax answers, still sounding half asleep.

" Yeah, sorry to call you this late kid, but would you happen to know where Rebel is right now?" I say trying to get to the point.

" Yeah she's right next to me, why?" He asks confused, clearly not knowing that I had no idea where she was.

I hung up the phone after I got my answer, and started to the garage.

" So where she is" Pepper asks, hearing my conversation with Jax.

" Jax's" I say before leaving to go the garage.

Fifteen minuets later I was knocking at his apartment door impatiently. He opens the door, he's still in his clothes but it looks like he had been sleeping because his hair was a mess. He lets me inside and into the living room showing me to where Rebel was, sleeping on his couch. I throw off the blanket  that was on top of Rebel and shake her awake.

" Wha-whats going on, Ja- TONY?" she stutters completely confused why Tony was in Jax's apartment.

" You're going home" I states before grabbing her arm and dragging me off the couch.

" You told me they knew you were here" Jax broke in.

" Yeah I thought Clint saw me leave" She says trying to get out of my grasp.

" Well he didn't, and we are going home" I say getting irritated, only holding on to her arm tighter.

I dragged her out of Jax's apartment without  her getting a chance to say bye and drive her straight home. We get inside and everyone turns to look at us when we enter. I tells her to sit down, and she does.

" You can't just leave without telling someone." I yell.

" Well I thought Clint saw me leave" she says again, glancing at Clint.

" Leave me out of this" Clint says not even bothering to look up from whatever magazine he was reading.

I hear her mumble a few cuss words at him, I glare at her letting her know I heard it too, making her slouch in her chair.

I'm so frustrated I can't even think.

Everyone else in the room clears out when things started to escalate, leaving me with Just Rebel. So frustrated with the situation that I tell her to go to her room, and without another word she obeys.

After a few minuets of thinking and calming down, I go up stairs to check on Rebel, feeling bad for how harsh I was. I walk into her room and knock on her open door,  causing her to roll over to look at me.

" Can I come in?" I ask

" Well you're already in so..." she trails off.

"Okay you're right, but can we talk?" I say, sitting down on the edge of her bed.

She doesn't reply, but I take that as a yes and start talking anyway.

" Okay so first I want to apologize about the other day" I start

She still don't answer, waiting for to tell me to continue what I was saying.

" I didn't mean to make it seem like I wanted to 'fix' you, because I don't. I just thought maybe therapy would help you cope with everything that has happened" I say.

She finally seems satisfied with what I said and opens her mouth to speak.

" It's alright, I said some things too..." she says shyly,  rubbing the back of her neck.

" I'm sorry" we both say at the same time, causing us to both laugh a little and her to say "Jinx".

" Also, before I go..." I starts  again but trail off waiting for her to respond.

" Yeah?" she says, looking almost scared, like I'm going to yell at her.

" You have powers?..." I say, slightly smiling which seems to calm her down.

" Yeah, thanks to Hydra"  she says lowering her eyes, obviously not happy about it.

I didn't even need to hear the rest because I knew exactly what she meant. I pull her into a hug, thinking this might make her feel better, because I was never very good at comforting people.

" I'm sorry they did that to you, and I wasn't there" I say, my voice cracking at the second part of the sentence.

Rebel wraps her arms around me, not saying anything.

" I know I'm not perfect, but I'm trying... I promise" she says into my shoulder, which only makes me hug her tighter.

" I know, we both are" I reply.