Chapter 60

You know what they say when your being held captive and tortured; "time flies when you're having fun"

Within weeks at being at Hydra certain things began to become routine; wake up, train, test, eat, sleep, repeat. The only thing that keeps me sane lately is the human contact I sometimes get from training and testing, sometimes even Dylan is there.

Jax is settling in better than I thought, which is an almost scary, but I keep reminding myself of why were doing this. Both Aulluver and my mother haven't been around lately which is strange, but I mean I guess being the head honchos at Hydra comes with its responsibilities. It's weird walking down the hallways being stared at by both the soldiers and the staff, I often wonder if they all know my secretes; that I'm a fraud or even worse... my family relations here. Jax has been a little distance ever since I told him about Aulluver and Crystal, which I guess it's understandable. They've started separating us more and more, training and testing us separately. I'm beginning to work less on my physical strength and more on the mental aspect, using my powers and all. Since Jax isn't "gifted" I'm assuming they are using him for physical strength, which is where all the separation is coming from.

As always the guard wakes me with his loud foot steps, I sit up on my worn, thin cot and rub my eyes. He comes into my cell, yanking me up and putting on the cuffs.

" Good morning to you too." I grunt as he shoves me out into the hallway.

As we pass Jax's cell I notice he's not there, early training probably. Jax's absence both physically and emotionally leaves me feeling hollow most days. 

We continue down the hall, half way we stop and are melted by my trainer, Kylie. The last few weeks working with her I've come to like her, she's tough during training but I know she's really not like that. I often wonder why such a nice, normal seeming person would want to work for such a horrible place like this.

Once the guard drops me off with Kylie we finish the rest of the walk to the train arena together.

" Ready to get to work? We've got to get you prepared." She says steeping through the door revealing the empty and quiet arena.

" Prepare? for what?" I ask walking in and throwing my hair into a quick ponytail.

" I don't want to get your hopes up but I heard you're on the list to get the next big mission." Kylie replies.

" Whats the mission?" I ask, excitement in my voice.

" I don't really know but it has to do with the Avengers, thats all I know." She says shrugging.

I knew why I was on that list, and I was sure I was going to be picked, especially if Crystal or Aulluver was behind this.

" Who else is on the list?" I ask, hoping she'd know if Jax too was on it.

" I don't know, I just heard you were high on it through rumors, I never actually got to see the list." Kylie answers, before removing her sweatshirt.

" Do you know who's organizing all this?" I question again, hoping she'd be able to give me more insight on the mission.

" Again, don't know, but if I had to guess; Aulluver or Green." She says, an annoyed tone creeping into her voice, probably because of all my questions.

" Okay" I mumble to myself, processing the information. I needed to let Jax know about this as soon as possible and hopefully get him on the list if he wasn't already.

Soon after our conversation, Kylie and I warm up. I can already tell by the warm up she instructs me that this is going to be a rough session but I push the thought aside and focus my mind elsewhere.

-

-

-

"Keep going"

" Harder, I know you can punch harder"

" Focus, keep it neat"

" Is that really all you've got?"

I scream, a loud, frustrated yell that reverberates off the walls of the arena. The punching bag goes flying and bursts, Kylie is literally taken aback by the force.

" Rebel you can get frustrated like that, you lose control." Kylie nags, regaining her self.

I huff in frustration, we've been at if for a good two hours and I'm exhausted. Between the rigorous exercises and Kylie's constant nags and " insults of encouragement" I about ready to shoot myself.

She must sense my exhaustion because she lets me take a break while she cleans up the mess of the broken punching. I gladly plop down on the bend and put my head in my knees.

" It's been awhile since you used them huh?" Kylie pipes up, slicing the silence.

I know she's referring to my powers, and it was true I really hadn't used them after my first escape from Hydra. After what I did to the team I never used them again, afraid I'd hurt someone. But the lack of use made using them again even harder, everything seemed to trigger them; frustration, confusion, anxiety. The lack of control I had over them was embarrassing.

" Is it that obvious?" I ask, lifting my head up to see her looking at me from across the room.

She laughs to herself a bit " Yeah, well thats why you have me" She replies with a small smile.

I roll my eyes playful at her cocky comment.

" You've worked hard, I'll end the session early." She says

" What? how long were you planning to keep me?" I ask in shock.

She laughs again at my surprise " I don't know in till one of us passed out?" She said joking.

" Thats all it would take?" I say sarcastically, pulling my hair out and shaking is around.

I hang around in till she's finished cleaning up. I follow her out the door and down the hallway, realizing we hadn't stop to meet a guard to take me back to my cell.

" Where's the guard?" I ask, stopping

" Thought I'd take you back myself, I think you deserve a little freedom for all you hard work." She replied nonchalantly 

Stunned I continued to follow her, just like she said we walked the rest of the way to the door of my open cell. Again no guard was waiting there to push me in, just Kylie holding the door open for me. I walk myself in and watch as Kylie shuts the door, I hear it lock as it makes contact with the cell frame.

She turns to walk away but before she can get to far I cll out to her.

" Thanks for today, it was actually...pretty good." I say as she turns back to look at me.

" No problem, see what hard work gets you?" she says smiling, then turns back around and disappears down the hallway.

I sigh in content, my first bit of freedom since arriving at Hydra and it couldn't have been more needed. I notice Jax isn't in his cell yet, I assume he's still trying or testing, so I have to wait on telling him the good news.

-

-

-

A/N

Hello I'm back once again! Here is a long overdue chapter that I've been working on and re writing for weeks. Hope you enjoy and sorry for my absence, I'll try to improve on that. As always don't for get to vote and comment. 

REMINDER: Dylan is not my character, he belongs to @faithwriter01. Make sure to check out her book " Hydra's Soldiers" which feature some of my characters in it as well