Chapter 39

*Tony's pov*
Peter had come over everyday  after school for the last week to prepare and train for the  upcoming mission, during those days I'd let Pepper take Rebel out or let her go hang out with Jax so there would be no interruption.

This would be the first time I left on a mission, with Rebel living with me of course. She seemed okay with spending the next few days with Pepper while I'll be gone, I hope she meant it. I told Pepper a few rules Rebel needed to obey while I'm gone, like no leaving the tower alone, no sleepovers at Jax's house and no sneaking out. Pepper seemed a little nervous about taking care of the teen, but I assured her that she'd be okay and if she really needed me she could just call.

The team and I finished packing and started loading the quin jet while waiting for Happy to drop off Peter here so we could leave.

" Are you sure you're okay with this" I asked half focused on Rebel and half on packing everything I needed from my lab. I made Rebel help us  pack and load stuff onto the jet so it would make things quicker.

" Yes, for the millionth time Tony I'm perfectly fine with this" Rebel promises, while handing me things from shelves that needed to be packed.

" You better not cause trouble for Pepper, she's nervous as it is already" I lecture her, I doubted she was actually listening, but I took her "Mhm" as a yes.

" Sir, Mr. Parker has arrived" Jarvis announces.

" You're taking an intern with you on a mission?" She questions, I hadn't told Rebel that Peter was Spider-man because he made me promise to keep his identity a secret, especially from her.

" Yeah he's just there to observe" I lie hopping she doesn't notice.

Once we finish packing my lab stuff we go upstairs to go gather everyone and board the jet. Peter is in the kitchen talking to Clint, while the rest of the team is getting ready when Rebel and I step out of the elevator. Everyone crams into the elevator and we all ride up to the helipad.

I'm the last to board the jet, lingering so I could say my goodbyes to Pepper and Rebel.

" Okay remember if you need me call me." I say giving them my serious face so they knew I wasn't joking. I kissed Pepper goodbye and behind us Rebel was pretending to gag, I said goodbye to Rebel then boarded the jet. I watched them grow smaller and smaller as we suspended further in to the sky, I sat back and started to relax when we were high enough and  they were out of sight.

-

-

-

A/N

Hello this is a filler chapter ( it's gonna make the next chapter make more sense) so that is why it is so short, so sorry.