Chapter 48

For as long as I can remember I have always hated my birthday. 

I hate surprises, I hate the attention, and I hate the fact that I wasn't even suppose to be born. To most people it's happy day of celebrating, but for me, well it's just sucks.

" Rebel, come on wake up" A familiar voice says, nudging me gently.

I groan and pull the covers over my head, trying to block out the light.

My covers are ripped away from me, revealing Pepper standing on the side of my bed.

" What does it take to get any sleep around here?" moan, rolling over and pulling the covers back over me.

" Not much apparently, it's ten o'clock." Pepper answers jokingly, snatching the covers away again.

" What's with the outfit?" I sass, noticing she was dressed very nicely for a random Saturday morning.

" Just get up and come down stairs" Pepper says, turning around and walking back down stairs.

I get out of bed and remake it, pull on a sweatshirt, and go down stairs for myself.

I don't even make it half way down the stairs before Natasha, Clint, Thor, Bruce, Tony, Pepper, and Steve yell  "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" in unison.

I nearly fall down the steps from fright.

The kitchen was decorated with various balloons, streamers, and anything and everything that had the phrase "happy birthday" on it. I'm 99% sure Tony went and bought everthing at Party City.

" Happy birthday kid." Tony say, patting my shoulder.

" Uh thanks, but how the hell did you know it's my birthday?" I ask, more confused than annoyed.

" Your friend Jax told us, he's been planning this for weeks." Steve comments.

" Planning what exactly?" I ask hesitantly.

" Your party, of course!" Pepper says in a 'duh' sort of way.

" I'll kill him." I mutter to myself.

"Hmm, what was that?" Bruce asks, walking in from the living room into the kitchen from behind me.

" I'll have to thank him." I reply through my teeth.

I sit at the island, chatting with Natasha about her latest mission in Brazil while Thor makes eggs for the group. We eat breakfast together, chatting about whatever topic comes to mind.

Tony checks his watch half way through the meal before clearing his voice.

" Pepper, its getting late I think you and Rebel should go out and get her dress now." Tony says, like I was aware of this plan.

" My what? " I ask, hopping I didn't hear him right.

" Your dress, for the party tonight." He say, nonchalantly.

" Is this party the Met Gala?" I scoff.

" Better." Tony says, smirking.

I groan, dropping my head on the table.

***

" How about this one?" Pepper asks, holding up a light purple dress.

" How about no?" I reply back sassily.

" Rebel we've been looking for an hour and you haven't even seen one you like?" Pepper complains, plopping down on the dressing room chair.

" Well I'm not the one who insisted on having to wear a dress." I argue back.