Chapter 22

*Tony's pov*
I sat staring at the drink in front of me, I don't know why I poured it because now I have no intent on drinking it.

As I sit there I go through all my ideas for getting Rebel back, I hadn't come up with a perfected plan, and it had almost been two months now.

That's when it hit me.

I didn't need a perfect plan, I just needed a plan that had a overall positive outcome. How did I not see this before? I was going about this all wrong, I had been thinking about this way to hard. My main focus was to get Rebel back, and that's what I intended to do and from there I'd just let the rest fall into place.

I called a group meeting in my lab to share my ideas with the team, then we got to work. We came up with a plan for who does what. We planned to get to Hydra by tonight and scope the place out to know what  we were in for, then the next day we would attack.

I had been so caught up with the plan I had forgot about Pepper, I knew I need to tell her. I planned on calling her and telling her over the phone but when she didn't answer I had to settle with a voicemail because time is of the essence.

" Hey it's Pepper, leave a message."

Damn she was probably avoiding me, I don't blame her though.

" Hey- Pepper its Tony, oh wait you probably already knew that duh, but I figured out a plan to get Rebel back. I'm leaving for hydra tonight, I'll be gone for a few days and I thought you deserved to know, after everything I put you through. Okay well um- err- have a good evening."

I hung up the phone, mentally hitting myself for how awkward I was on the voicemail.

"Who was that?" Clint asked as he wandered into the room.

" Pepper" I sigh

" Oh how's that going anyway, you and her." he said trying to make small talk

" What do you think?" I grumbled

"Well I guess that's my que to go away now" Clint said as he left the room.

I looked down at my drink and decide it's best not to waste it. I chugged it down and poured myself another glass realizing I was now in the mood for a few drinks. Soon half the bottle was gone and I was past out on the counter.

(HEY PEOPLE I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD, again. Sorry it's been awhile but with finals and the end of school I was crazy busy, but now that i'm out I'll have a lot of extra time to write. Also sorry this chapter is incredibly short but I was lazy. As always don't forget to comment and vote)