Dark souls of the innocents

The principal was confused and sort of concerned after hearing baldis sad voice. "hey is everything ok?" the principal gently asks baldi which was still tightly hugging the principal not saying a word. "yeah.....I'm fine now... Let's get ready before we get late.." baldi stated with a sad and gentle voice. 'i have never heard him this sad before..' the principal sadly thought. "do you want to talk about it at lunch break?.." the principal asked concerned for his lover. "yes..." baldi replied quietly as he let go of the principal from the tight hug and got ready. As the principal was getting ready he was wondering to himself what happened last night. Since he was drunk he couldn't remember much. He wondered if something happened yesterday while he was drunk that caused him to be this way in the morning.

While they were quickly making their way to school baldi still had that slightly sad and emotionless look on his face. The principal didn't want to ask just for the sake of keeping things not awkward. But he was gonna find out at lunch. All he had to do it be patients. When they got there the bell already had ringed. They were 5 minutes late. It didn't matter so much if the principal was late, but it did for baldi since he was a teacher. The principal followed baldi to his classroom which was celebrating like it was the last day of school or something. Baldi opens the door and the principal stands there and cleared out his throat. "ahem. What are you guys doing?..." the principal asked loudly for the kids to hear with his arms crossed giving a sigh of anger. The kid's faces looked cold and frozen after seeing the principal and baldi standing in the doorway of the classroom. Those two where a horrible combination to get in trouble by. "we were...Celebrating you coming back to being our principal!" all these kids played along with that other one. And somehow convinced the principal of that."ok then, I suppose that is ok with me. But Not During Class Time!" he yelled a bit disappointed. Baldi looked at him and smiled a bit. His worries were slowly going away. He was feeling better by the fact that everything that haunted him was a dream or so at least that's what he thought.

After a few minutes of getting the classroom ready for class, baldi was soon teaching math like usual and the principal was busy doing his paperwork at his office. Once the bell for lunch break ringed something weird happened. As baldi was cleaning his desk to go afterward with the principal to the faculty room to eat. He strangely heard a voice. It was sort of familiar but it wasn't cleared on who it was yet. "still having fun? Even tho you know the sad truth?." baldi was sort of creeped out and confused once he heard the voice. 'am I going insane?...what is this?!' thought himself as he looked down stressed out at his desk. He didn't know if this was real or his imagination but he did know one thing. He wasn't liking it at all. "i guess you can say that. But I wouldn't call it insanity." the voice spoke darkly inside baldis head. "i would rather call it a Fateful truth. " the voice kept haunting baldi as he stood up from his desk and headed towards the door. " I need to talk to the principal about this..." he told himself with no intention of speaking with the weird strange voice in his head. "Nah ah ah.. wait a minute there bud... You wouldn't want to do that...unless you want someone to get hurt." the voice got a bit deeper and scarier. "hmm!?" baldi was confused. He didn't want anyone to get hurt but he also didn't know what was going on. 'This could all be just my imagination I won't have to worry about it' half of his brain said the other half wasn't too sure about it tho 'but what if it's not my imagination...what if this is all real and someone might actually get hurt by my decisions...' he thought to himself as he made a choice.

"I'm not going to risk it..." he stated as he kept making his way to the faculty room. Once he made it there the principal was already sitting down waiting for his bald lover. "what took you so long?..." the principal asked while already holding his cup of coffee. He was still sort of curious about the situation and couldn't wait any longer to know about it. "oh.. I was just cleaning my desk a bit.." the bald man replied hoping everything wasn't real as he took a seat next to the principal. "so...what was all of that this morning?..." baldi soon then thought about it. He really wanted to tell him. But he wasn't risking it. "it was nothing really..." the principal raised an eyebrow sort of concerned. He really wasn't believing it. "are you sure?... Because it seemed like a big deal at home" the principal wanted an honest answer from baldi. But baldi just couldn't do it. "i need to use the bathroom real quick... I'll be back." baldi soon got up and walked out of the faculty room with no words.

Baldis head was hurting a bit. He just wanted an explanation to all of this and why this was happening. He soon then made to the bathroom. He honestly wasn't going to use it. He just wanted to get away from reality by being in a silent place by himself. He when up to the sink and looked into the mirror. Staring at his sad looking refection with hopeless eyes. Baldi turned on the sicks water and bend down to watch his face with water to see if he could wake up from this nightmare. But it only got worse. As he looked back again at the mirror he could no longer see his sad reflection but instead that phantom from his dreams. A huge shiver ran down baldis spine one he sad his reflection turning dark looking. His eyes no longer sad but instead evils and insane looking. "wha...what?....what are you doing here???..." baldi asked the shadow which was darkly his reflection. "hah...what do you mean? I've always been Here" the shadow smiled evily giving baldi more haunting thoughts.

__________________________________________

I certainly like the title of this chapter hah. And I've also noticing how the chapters have been getting longer than usual. I hope that is good with you guys since your always waiting for more. I'm so happy this book was liked by many and that many people just love my book just like I love writing it!

-benjamin [aka: writer ]