Chapter 25

So this is more of a filler chapter, but it's the moment some of you have been waiting for.

Song: "Heaven" by Julia Michaels

[WARNING: This chapter contains sexual content. There will be a warning beforehand]

I glanced down at my phone to read the text that I received from my mom

I glanced down at my phone to read the text that I received from my mom. I asked her where Damien was, because I wanted to surprise him. She told me that they were on a plane heading back from Brazil. Damien was on a plane to Florida with my stuff.

She said that he was very resistant to getting on the plane, that he wanted to wait for me in Brazil. He wanted to be the first to see me when I got back, however they didn't know how long it would take. I didn't even know it was going to still be the same day.

I teleported myself back home and took a shower and everything. I remember my promise to him that he could have me when we got back. I didn't really know what he planned to do, so I put on my best lingerie under a pair of shorts and a tank top.

I was slowly beginning to feel my wolf again from after using the potion to get to the Demon World and the one to get back.

She really needed the comfort of her mate and so did I. I missed him and she missed him. I couldn't help but feel really giddy as I waited for him to come back. I sat outside, dipping my feet in the hot tub while reading as I waited for his arrival. It felt nice to relax but I didn't know how much time we had before something got in the way again.

I don't know how long I waited. The sun was setting when I finally heard the sound of a car engine.

I stood up from my spot and went back inside through the sliding glass door in the kitchen. I heard the sound of the door opening before slamming shut. The scent of my mate filled my nose and I felt my muscles relax. I didn't notice how tense they really were.

I heard footsteps, but they suddenly halted. My feet carried me out of the kitchen and into the main hallway.

I was met with a pair of blue eyes. They held sadness but they seemed to brighten up when they landed on me. He dropped all the luggage in his hands and didn't waste any time to take quick steps towards me.

He cupped my face and pulled me into a kiss. He pressed his soft lips firmly against mine. I could feel feel all of his emotions in the one kiss. Anger, hurt, sadness, and happiness.

He wrapped his arms tightly around me as he started kissing my cheeks and my forehead. I wrapped my arms around him and returned the hug. I felt his muscles relax under my touch as I buried my face into his neck, inhaling his scent deeply.

"Thank Goddess you're okay. You don't know how worried I was," he whispered into my hair.

"Yeah, the Demon King let me go," I whispered back against the skin of his neck.