Prologue

Thank you ellelelemenopi for the amazing cover! I love it so much!

[unedited]

Blood. Blood everywhere.

It was all I could see as bodies laid everywhere. The stench of rotten flesh and blood filtered through my nose, making me cringe. It wasn't just werewolves, but many other beings.

That wasn't the worst part.

The worst part was that this was all because of me. Because of who I am.

Why did it have to be me?

-

The sound of the bell ringing brought my attention away from the doodles on my AP Biology test. I frowned at the half answered questions.

Shit.

I had zoned out once again. Like always.

With a sigh, I picked up my test and carried it to the front of the room, my bag hanging off my shoulder.

When I handed my test to the teacher, he gave me a disapproving look. It's not my fault that I'm bad at this class.

I study, it's just my mind seems to always drift away to the weird dreams I've been getting since I first shifted at 14.

"Zoned out again?" London asked knowingly. I nodded my head.

"So what's new?" I muttered earning a laugh from her.

"Good luck telling your mom," Cory, London's twin, told me. "She scares the hell out of me sometimes."

I let out a groan. "You're right. She's going to kill me. She's worse than my dad. He rarely gets mad at me."

We walked to lunch where we would find Blake and the others. This wasn't a werewolf school, but there were werewolves from my pack here. I was friends with them but they were probably only my friend because I was the Alpha's daughter. Most of them were nice though.

• • •

After school, I drove to my house, praying that my mom wasn't home and was out with Aunt Peyton or something.

I parked my car on the driveway and got out. There were no other cars, thankfully, meaning no one was home.

I took out my house keys and unlocked the door. I didn't bother bringing my brother home because he usually hung out with his friends.