Chapter 22

[UNEDITED]

Damien's P

Damien's P.O.V

I quickly sat up, ignoring the pain shooting up my body. My first instinct was to look for Liana. I felt my stomach drop when I noticed that she wasn't there. Neither was Alpha Parker.

Was I the only one who made it?

I frowned as I looked around. The placed looked like death, and it smelled like it too.

I got up from the ground. I was in some rocky clearing. There wasn't any grass, just dirt, rocks, and a few dead trees. Thunder rolled off in the distance, and dark clouds hung close to the ground.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know where to look for Luna Jasmine.

My wolf wasn't responding, so I was on my own. The place seemed so quiet. Where was everyone?

I decided to look around, the dry ground crunching under my feet. The air was cold and I was suddenly glad that I had on jeans instead of shorts.

I ran my fingers through my hair angrily after walking for what seemed like forever. I came across nothing, that is, until I noticed a creek of water. Furrowing my eyebrows, I walked over to it. The place was so dry, I was a little surprised that the creek wasn't all dried up.

When I reached it, the water moved slowly. It was calm and quiet. It seemed like the only peaceful thing in the place.

When I looked at my reflection, I was met with a pair of angry red eyes, deadly sharp canines turned into a snarl, and midnight black fur. A beast.

The beast growled loudly, causing my heart to pick up its pact. This isn't real. It isn't real.

A gasp from behind me cause me to turn around. My eyes widened when I came face to face with my mate. She stared at me with wide eyes.

"Liana! I'm so glad I found you," I breathed while taking a step towards her. However, I felt my heart drop when she immediately stepped back. My brows furrowed in confusion.

"What's wrong?" I asked her softly.

Instead of answering me, she continued taking steps back. It was then that I noticed the fear in her eyes. She was scared. And from the way she was looking at me, I realized that she was scared of me.

I frowned as I suddenly felt hurt. Why was she afraid of me?

"Why are you scared? I'm not going to hurt you," I whispered, hoping that using a softer voice would calm her down. It didn't work though because she just shook her head.

Tears built up in her eyes and it felt like all the air was knocked out of my lungs. I didn't want to see her cry. I didn't know what to do.

"Bullshit," she whispered harshly, "I'm never safe. You're cursed Damien. You're a beast and nothing can change that. For all I know you could lash out on me, or worse, our pups if we were to have any."