Chapter 16

Thank you to whoever made me this cover! I couldn't find your username but you did a wonderful job.

Song: "Say Amen" By Panic! At the Disco

It was gone as soon as it came. The light came back on and all that was left to remind me that it was here was the message on the glass. Chills crawled up my spine as I continued to stare at it, my grip tightening on the shampoo bottle.

My back was pressed against the cold shower wall, but I didn't care. I was honestly frightened because I had no clue who it could have been or what they were capable of.

"Liana?"

I heard the deep, sexy voice of my mate through the other side of my bathroom door.

I tried to find my voice to respond. My mouth was dry despite the fact that I was standing in a shower. "Y-Yeah?"

He paused a moment before responding. "Are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah," I replied pushing away from the shower wall and put the shampoo back on the shelf. I turned the shower off, thankful that I already cleaned myself before the whole thing happened. I didn't feel like being in there anymore.

"Open the door."

I didn't say anything as I wrapped my towel around my body and moved to unlock the door. I opened it and revealed Damien standing there. He hadn't changed yet and he looked slightly worried. He looked past me and into the bathroom, as if he sensed that something else was in here just a couple minutes before.

He narrowed his eyes before looking back at me. "Who else was in here?"

I shrugged my shoulders and tightened my hold on my towel. "I don't know. They only left a message."

He frowned and furrowed his eyebrows. "A message. What is it?"

I pointed towards the shower and he walked over to it. His eyes scanned it and his hands immediately balled into fists. The muscles in jaw worked as he clenched it angrily.

He turned to face me, his eyes glowing with anger. "Did they say anything? Anything at all?" His voice a deadly whisper. One that sent chills up my spine. I definitely didn't want to ever get on his bad side.

I shook my head.

He exhaled through his nose and shoved his hands into the pocket of his hoodie.

"You're sleeping in my room tonight," he said, or more like demanded. His decision was final and I wasn't stupid enough to argue with him. In fact, I wasn't even going to complain.

"Fine," I muttered while picking up my clothes. I turned away from him and dropped my towel. I didn't care if he saw me naked, eventually he would, and he had seen me naked before even though it was brief.