Chapter 17

Thank you Jtmay10 for the beautiful covers! The others will be at the end of the chapter. I love them a lot! <3

[Unedited]

"W-What?" I asked, struggling to find my voice

"W-What?" I asked, struggling to find my voice. It felt as if all the air was knocked out of my lungs.

"Mom never came back home after visiting her old pack, and Dad found a note."

The phone in my hand started shaking as I tried to keep it pressed to my ear. "What does it say?"

There was a muffled sound on the other end. I could hear multiple voices shouting and a loud crash.

"It says 'There's more where this came from'," Preston responded, his voice sounded panicked, "What the hell does this even mean? What do we do?"

I honestly didn't know. The note didn't give much of anything away. Maybe it was the same guy that was referred to in the message left on the glass of my shower.

"I'm not sure," I told him honestly. I had no clue who was behind this, but I had a feeling that I would find out very soon. "Do you want me to come back home so we can figure this out?"

"No, you need to stay there with your mate. Dad already sent out a bunch of his men to look for her. For all we know she could be on the other side of the country already," Preston told me. He sound stressed out and I knew that I was already feeling anxious and scared. My mom had already been through a lot, she didn't need any more of this shit.

"I'll inform my mate about this. I'll have him alert the other packs of the country and have them scout their territories," I suggested, my grip tightening on my phone. I wanted to kill whoever took my mom. I wanted him to feel a slow and painful death, my face being the last one he'd ever see.

"Okay." Preston sounded a little relaxed, but I could tell he was still worried. His ceremony got pushed back with everything that is happening. I was thankful to because he shouldn't have to deal with this stuff. He was only seventeen.

After ending the call, that's when it all hit me. I couldn't stop the tears from sliding down my cheeks. I had no clue what could happen to my mom and I didn't want to think about the possibilities. I rarely ever cried, but I couldn't stop myself.

Just then the door to my bedroom opened. The scent of my mate overwhelmed me as I felt arms wrap around me. I furiously tried to wipe away my tears but it was to no avail.

I felt his fingers tilt my chin up so he could get a good look at my face. "What's wrong?"

I tried to find my voice, but all I could do was open and close my mouth a few times.

"M-My mom," was all that I could manage before another sob left my mouth.

"Shh." He pressed my head against his chest and stroked my hair. His scent comforted me but it didn't make the situation any easier.