Chapter 9

Thank you Vettese13 for making this beautiful cover for me!

[Unedited]

I arrived home around four

I arrived home around four. Preston decided to stay out. I hoped that he wasn't doing anything he'd regret but stopped when I remembered that Preston wasn't stupid. He was too smart.

I wasn't looking forward to seeing my mate. Maybe he was with my dad and not here right now.

I tossed my keys in the bowl and locked the door behind me. I walked up the stairs and down the hall towards my room.

The door across from my room opened and my mate emerged from it, his icy blue eyes locking with mine, freezing me into place. I couldn't help but stare at him. He had on sweats and a black T-shirt. He looked so sexy without even trying.

His eyes shifted away from mine to the Victoria's Secret bag in my hand. I noticed the muscle in his jaw tic before he looked back to my face.

He leaned against the door frame before speaking, "I've decided that we'll be leaving on Monday. Your mother wants to throw a party for you tomorrow."

I just nodded my head. I wasn't surprised that she was. She'd always find an excuse to throw a party.

My mate opened his mouth to say something else but the sound of my phone ringing stopped him. I pulled it out and saw that it was Justin.

I felt my heart drop. I didn't tell him I was leaving yet. Hell, I didn't even know what to tell him.

I swiped to answer and brought it to my ear. I was greeted by the sound of his deep voice.

"Hey, Ana." he sounded genuinely happy as he greeted me.

Great. The guilt was eating me alive.

"Hey."

"Are you okay? You sound a little out of it?" The enthusiasm in his voice changed to concern.

My eyes shifted to my mate was glaring slightly at the phone pressed to my ear.

"No I'm not okay," I told him honestly. "There's something I need to tell you..."

"Oh no. Did I do something wrong?"

"No, you didn't do anything wrong."

"Okay, good. Do you want to come over so we can talk about it? You can come over now if you'd like."

I nodded my head but remembered he can't see me. "Okay. I'll see you then."