Chapter 11

Thank you @Alpha_luna_love for this beautiful cover!

Song: "Love on the Brain" by Rihanna

I stood in my room, my belongings packed in a few boxes

I stood in my room, my belongings packed in a few boxes. I only packed personal things like he told me. He said I was going to go shopping there to get new clothes so it wouldn't be such a hassle to pack up everything.

"Are you packed?" My mom asked from the doorway. I turned to her and shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess."

I didn't know what to expect. What was Damien's house like?

"If anything happens, please don't hesitate to call," she said to me as she picked up a couple boxes. I followed as well by picking up some boxes.

"You too. I need to know what happens between Lily and Preston."

We both walked out of my room and down the stairs. Preston and Damien took the boxes from us and put them in the back of the car parked in the driveway. I went back upstairs to get the last box, giving my room one last look before closing the door after me.

When I got back outside, I saw my dad speaking with Damien quietly. His eyes were narrowed at him as he spoke and his arms crossed over his chest.

"Is everything okay?" I asked my mom as I stood next to her.

"Oh you know your father and how over-protective he is."

My mouth formed an 'o' as I nodded my head in understanding. Oh yes, I definitely enjoyed watching my dad get jealous when guys gave my mom so much as a glance.

"Has Lily woken up yet?" I asked Preston who came walking out of the house with a big bag of Doritos in one hand while the other raked through his black hair. I noticed that he had dark circles under his eyes.

He shook his head tiredly as a frown took over his face. "No she hasn't. I'm about to head back over but I wanted to see you off before I go."

A few minutes later Damien and my dad walked back over to us. After saying goodbye to my family and giving them hugs, I got into the passenger seat of the car. Damien said his men would pick us up at the airport where there was a private plane waiting for us.

I wasn't surprised at all. He was the king after all.

He started up the car and pulled out of the driveway and started towards the airport. The airport wasn't too far away and was located in the nearest human city.

The atmosphere in the car fell thick with awkward silence. Instead of saying anything, I just pulled out my phone and started reading. We reached the airport quickly, or reading just made time go quicker. A group of men, who I assumed worked for Damien, unloaded my things and easily loaded it onto the plane.

"Thank you," I said to them as I awkwardly stood by the car. Damien gave them a few orders before we boarded the plane. My eyes widened slightly when I saw how luxurious it was. I took a seat on a large seat next to the window and Damien sat across from me. I looked everywhere but at him even though I could feel his icy eyes staring at me.