Chapter 14

Thank you the_lovable_dork for making this beautiful cover for me! I love it a lot!

[unedited]

An uneventful week passed by quickly

An uneventful week passed by quickly. Damien had a lot of work to do so I barely got to see him. I didn't mind though, it gave me time to think about what had happened between us. The kiss never left my mind and I really wanted to kiss him again.

I spent a lot of time playing video games in Damien's gaming room as well as swimming laps in the pool. Juniper came over every day to hang out.

She wanted to take me to one of her favorite beaches. So I was in my room getting ready. I had on my royal blue bikini under a pair of jean shorts and a loose top.

I picked up my bag which had a towel, a book, and sunscreen, even though I didn't burn, in it. I slung it over my shoulder and went downstairs where Juniper was waiting for me.

I stifled a laugh when I saw her rummaging through the fridge, grumbling to herself.

"He seriously needs to upgrade his stuff in here. No way in hell I'm eating this healthy shit," she muttered, scrunching her nose up in disgust.

"At least I'm not the only one who thinks that," I said while leaning against the counter. With a sigh, she finally closed the fridge door.

"We can stop somewhere anyways and find better food."

"Better, as in fast food?" I asked giving her a knowing look.

"You know it."

Damien came into the kitchen wearing a dark suit. It fit over his broad shoulders and large frame perfectly. When he saw us in there, his eyes landed on me and stayed there for a few moments before looking away.

"Where are you going?" He asked us, keeping an impassive look on his face and pressed his lips into a tight line.

"To the beach, want to join us?" Juniper replied, adjusting her bag on her shoulder. Her curly hair was pulled into a pony tail, and she had on jean shorts and a loose maroon crop top.

He frowned and narrowed his eyes slightly at her. "No, I have to go to a meeting."

She shrugged her shoulders. "Suit yourself. Come on, Ana, let's hurry up and get to the beach so we can watch hot, shirtless guys surf," she said, excitement in her eyes. "Maybe I'll get lucky."

Damien's body stiffened and his hands balled into fists. I didn't miss the deadly glare he gave her but either she didn't notice or didn't care. Instead, she grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door. We went out to her car and quickly got in. The ride to the beach wasn't too long but it was difficult to find a parking space.

"Is this in Damien's territory?" I asked Juniper as we got out of the car. The warmth from the sun mixed with the breeze felt amazing. We started walking towards the boardwalk, which had crowds of people walking on it. People rode on bikes while some roller-skated. I couldn't roller-skate to save my life.