Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Melanie's POV

I froze. Did I just hear him right? My mind was in shock. I had never expected him to reveal his feelings, but at that moment I realized I loved him too. I must've stayed there frozen for a long time for when I was about to say, "Dimitri, I l-" he interrupted me.
He held up his hand stopping me from saying anything else.
"Melanie, I know you probably don't feel the same. You don't have to say you're sorry."
He opened the door to our room leaving me outside by myself. I sighed. There would have to be another moment where I would tell him. I Entered the room. There was no one here. Dimitri was probably in the bathroom. I sat on the bed pondering to myself when I remembered  Annabelle. Thinking it would be easier to let Dimitri stay in this room I grabbed my suitcase and headed out the door. Dimitri's voice startled me as I was about to open the door.
"Where are you going?"
I took a deep breath before turning to face Dimitri.
"Annabelle wants me to stay with her."
"Is that just an excuse to get away from me?"
"No? Why would I need an excuse to get away from you?"
He shrugged.
"Annabelle didn't want to share a room with Drew knowing you and your father wouldn't approve, so she asked me to switch places with her."
He seemed to relax when I finished my explanation.
"Fine, let me to take you to her room."
I nodded as he followed me out the door leading the way to Annabelle's room. "Well here we are." we stopped In front of a white door that looked exactly like the other rooms just with a different room number.
"Thanks."
He nodded turning back to leave.
"Dimitri wait," I grabbed his arm. He turned back to look at me. I mustered up all the courage I had and kissed him. He stayed there frozen not sure what was going on. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I laid my head to his chest.
""Dimitri, I don't want us to be mad, especially on Christmas."
His body relaxed losing the rigidness. He hugged me back burying his face in my hair.
"Me neither."
We were in that position when the door flung open.
"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude on anything. " Annabelle said with a burning red face. I smiled at her.
"It's alright, I just came to drop off Melanie." Dimitri said.
"Ok, Drew's ready. Come on in Melanie."
Dimitri gave me a quick peck goodnight as Annabelle and Drew did the same thing. The guys left, and Annabelle shut the door.
"So... I see you and my brother were getting comfy out there," she wiggled her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes sitting on the bed. I layed down on the bed fidgeting with my fingers.

"Well..he did confess to me that he loved me..."

"He what?!" she went to the other side of the bed to lean over me with big eyes.

"He said I love you..."

"Oh my gosh! Finally! Did you tell him you loved him back?!" she asked anxiously.

"I was shocked at first so it took me a while, but then when I was going to tell him, he took it the wrong way. That's why outside we made up. I didn't want him to be mad."

She crossed her arms across her chest shaking her head, "My brother's such a dumbass sometimes."

I laughed sitting up. She slapped her hand across her forehead.

"I'm so stupid I almost forgot!"

"What is it?"

"You will never guess what happened!"

"What?! Tell me!!" I turned around on the bed sitting in a criss cross postion with my legs. She held out her hand to flash a diamond ring. I felt my jaw drop. I stood up grabbing her hand. Was this really what I thought it was?!

"I'm getting married!!!!" she exclaimed as I didn't say anything.

"When did this happen?!" I asked after hugging her while we both jumped up and down frantically in excitement.