Chapter 18

Hey guys! I forgot to mention in the last chapter that I changed the name of my story. I know you probably already realized that, but anywho here's the next chapter! (and yes I know I said anywho) :D

-Vanesa

Chapter 18

Dimitri's POV

I crashed her lips to mine not wanting her to leave me. I had been such a douchebag to let myself believe that she had cheated on me. After kissing her soft lips hungrily I pulled away surprised she hadn't pushed me away sooner. She looked flushed, but sad. She didn't seem satisfied with the kiss. She stepped away, grabbed her bag, and left without saying a word. I was left standing there confused.    

It had been hours since Melanie left, and I couldn't stop thinking about her. It was lunch time, so I decided to head home. Isabella met me outside my office.

"So where are we going?"

"We're not going anywhere Isabella."

"But-last night"

"I kissed you and that was it." 

"I thought you wanted to get back together?" she pouted her lips giving me sad puppy dog look.

"Isabella I'm sorry for last night. I don't know what I was thinking, it won't happen again." I walked away leaving her stomping her feet in anger.

I arrived home finding a taxi in front of the house. What was this? The mayordomo carried a suitcase and placed it in the trunk. Melanie came out of the house fast looking through her purse for something. She stopped in front of the taxi still rummaging through her purse. 

"Going somewhere?"

She looked up dropping her bag. She hid her shocked face picking up her purse from the ground.

"Dimitri, what are you doing home so early?"

"I came to have lunch. Where are you going?" 

She bit her lip before looking at me, "I'm leaving."

"Where to?" 

"I'm going home Dimitri. I can't stand being here. I can't tolerate this" she motioned with her hands around her "anymore. If this is only a marriage of business I shouldn't have to be with you all the time."

"But you can't go home, the contract states you are prohibited from seeing any loved ones." 

She paused before replying, "I don't care about that stupid contract. I'm going home." 

She opened the taxi door.

"Melanie, you get in that taxi, your family will lose everything." I threatened.

She slammed the door shut crossing her arms. I walked to the taxi drivers window and asked him to open the trunk. I took out Melanie's suitcase and gave him a couple hundred dollars. He drove away. It was now me and Melanie.

She groaned in anger climbing the stairs.

"Melanie, wait."

"What?! What do you want Dimitri!?" she threw her hands in the air exasperated.

"We'll leave right now if that's what you want. We're going back to our home."

I got the car out of the driveway and parked it in front of the house. She hesitated before climbing in.

"What about Sofie?"

"I'll go check the house," I said. She nodded climbing in.  

I ran into the house looking everywhere. I was about to head into the kitchen when I heard Madeline and one of the other maids gossiping.