Chapter 20

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait! I've been really busy lately and haven't had any time to write. I just got back from the beach and decided to upload what I wrote a few days ago. Sorry for the weird spacing. I've been writing on my ipod and emailing it to myself, then copying and pasting on wattpad. I don't know why it looks like that, anyway I hope you like it! Oh and I'd like to dedicate this to combustingpants! Thanks for your support and advice! :D

Chapter 20: The Ball

Over the next few days things went smoothly between Dimitri and me. Well I guess you could say smoothly. Every morning I'd wake up by his side feeling ecstatic, but then he'd excuse himself and shut himself in his studio. I didn't bother him knowing he would say he was busy. I spent most days in my office or the kitchen. I was so relieved when Sofie came home. I had her teach me different recipes. I preoccupied myself with so many things I had forgotten about the ball. I would've forgotten if Dimitri hadn't reminded me the night before.

We were sitting  in our dining room having dinner with not much conversation. I was nibbling on some of my ceasar salad when Dimitri interrupted my thoughts.

"Have you decided what you're going to wear for the ball?"

I almost choked on my piece of lettuce. I swallowed quickly taking a sip of my lemonade.

"The ball? What's today?"

"The 23rd."

"It's tomorrow!"

"Don't tell me you forgot about the ball." he said amused.

"Of course not," I lied getting up from my seat and taking my plates to the kitchen. I rushed out of the kitchen.

"Where are you going?"

"I have to find a dress to wear!" I yelled over my shoulder. Surely out of all the dresses Annabelle had stocked in my closet there was a decent one to wear to the ball. I opened the door to my room. Everything was so neat as if it had never been occupied by anyone. Which was partially true. I didn't stay here anymore. I slept in Dimitri's room. We had decided that I would move my things into his room one of these days. I walked into my walk in closet scanning through the various pieces of clothing. Unfortunately I couldn't find any dresses. The only ones I could find where more of cocktail dresses. I groaned in frustration grabbing the cocktail dresses and placing them on my bed. After 30 minutes I still couldn't decided which one to wear. I walked back and forth surveying each dress.

I was so desperate I put my face in my hands.
"Find a dress yet?"
I looked up from my hands. Dimitri had his hands in his pockets as he leaned against the door.
"No," I sighed sitting down on my bed. "All I found were these," I explained motioning to the dresses next to me.
"Well I think I may have found something."
"Really?" My head snapped up at his words.
"Yeah come on I'll show you," I got up and grabbed his hand as he led me through the house. I wasn't surprised to end up in his studio. He placed a blind fold over my eyes stating that it was a "surprise." I heard rustling and something squeaky being moved across the wooden floor. I could smell his manly cologne as he stood behind me.
"Are you ready?" he asked in my ear.
"Yes," I breathed eager to see what it was.
He untied the blindfold, and I opened my eyes. In front of me was a gorgeous ball gown on a mannequin. It looked exactly like one of my designs. I couldn't Resist the temptation of feeling the delicate satin. I was amazed to be seeing one of my designs come to life. I turned around. I could tell Dimitri was waiting to see what I would say. Deciding not to say anything I ran and practically jumped into his arms hugging him tightly as he twirled us around.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I repeated really fast from all the energy and happiness. I probably sounded like a kid on Christmas morning. He set me down, and I grabbed his face between my hands and kissed him with all I had in me. He was shocked but was more than willing to kiss me back.
"Does that mean you like it?"
"No, it means I love it!" I turned back to gaze at the beautiful dress. Everything was there. The sweetheart neckline, the jewels that gave it the elegance but at the same time simplicity and the layers of satin that formed the ball gown.
"Where did you get it?"
"I made it."
My jaw dropped. "you made it?"
"Yes, I found two of your sketches in your office one day, and I thought it would be a beautiful dress to wear to the ball."
"Is this what you've been working on these past few days?"
"Yeah,"
No wonder he was always locked up.
"I didn't know you could create dresses." I said sitting in his tall stool.
"I created your wedding dress didn't I?"
"I thought you only designed it."
"I did, but I also created it from scratch."
I folded my arms not really understanding this situation.
"I'm confused."
"About what?"