Chapter 28 Part 2

Hey guys! I'm on a roll! Hope you enjoy the chapter! Sorry for the lack of details I was trying to post asap.  

-Vanesa

"Marry me." He said with no joke in his eyes.  

"What? Are you serious?" 

He knelt down before me.  

"Melanie, you're pregnant and alone. I can take care of you. Don' think of it as marriage of love. We both love each other like siblings, but if you marry me I can take care of you. I will even give your baby my last name. I'll protect you both. You can come home and see your family and not run anymore. We both know this is what you're doing. You ran from him because you claimed you were going to start over, but have you? Is Paris worth leaving your family behind? You can't run forever. He will find you, and you will have to face him." 

"You're calling me a coward." 

"No, I'm trying to help. What are you going to do when your belly starts showing? You won't be modeling for long, so what are you going to do?"  

I shook my head. "You're not just saying this for nothing Jake, you're hiding something." 

He sighed, "You caught me." He stood up and paced the floor. "I don't exactly know how to say this." 

"Just say it."  

He sat down on the couch next to me taking my hands in his. "Melanie, I need you to take this calmly. Yesterday, you're father and brother were in a car accident. Giovanni's in a coma, and your father's... on life support." 

I sobbed into his shoulder. "How did you find out?"  

"It's all over the news in the U.S.. They say it wasn't an accident. It was intentional." 

My heart froze. That bastard.  

I got up wiping away the tears. I raced my bedroom grabbing my suitcase.  

"What are you doing, Melanie?" 

"I'm packing my things. I'm heading back tonight. I know who did this." 

"Dimitri?" 

"Why else would he be here? He knows I'm here! He just came to laugh in my face. He knew once I found out I would head home. He's probably waiting!" He looked surprised at my fury. "I'm sorry," I said sitting down on the edge of my bed. 

"It's ok, what you're going through is very difficult. Don't alarm yourself Mel it could hurt the baby."  

I nodded then proceeded packing.  

"I can take you home Mel. I came in my private jet."  

I shook my head,"You came to visit Alexa. I'll just take an international flight."  

"I actually didn't. Well, I did for the show, but I called her last night and explained the situation. She'll understand if I leave."  

"Thanks Jake, you're the best."  

* * * 

Isabella's POV

"How did it go?" I spoke into the phone.  

"The plan is a perfection. I talked to Giordano earlier. He said the old man's going to die any day now, and the kid is in a coma."  

"Perfect, now the bitch is going to go home any moment, and Rafael can deal with her." 

"Don't call her that." Adrian said in a steel tone.  

"It's what she is."  

"And it's what you are."