Chapter 29: Four Years Later

Troy woke brightly and early that warm summer's morning on July 27th 2011. Yes, it was four years later since Gabriella and Troy had finally pronounced to one another that they were undyingly in love and wanted to be together for the rest of their lives. Troy was twenty one and Gabriella twenty. They moved in with each other a year ago and loved each others company.

Troy shifted lazily and opened his eyes to find Gabriella's side of the bed empty. She was training to be an English teacher, not that she needed it! Troy was the coach at East High school and loved it more than anything. He pulled himself out of bed and stretched, their golden retriever Poppy rushed towards him barking joyfully and he patted her head and made his way downstairs.

He was greeted by the soft aromas of cooked breakfast and he walked into the kitchen and found Gabriella humming to herself as she leaned over a saucepan which sizzled full of bacon.

Troy kissed her cheek warmly and Gabriella laughed. Gabriella turned in his arms and met his lips with hers.

"Good morning Brie." Troy said pulling away and moving to the kettle to make some tea.

"Morning!" Gabriella chimed in cheerfully.

As they made breakfast together Troy's mind went to the second poem he had made for Gabriella four years ago. She often queried him on it but he was sure never to let her near it though sometimes he would catch her looking for it.

"Chad phoned earlier." Gabriella said.

"What did he want?" Troy queried.

"I don't know, he wanted to talk to you. He wouldn't tell me what he wanted." Gabriella said turning to her partner and looking confused.

"Oh, 'Troy said smirking, he was glad Gabriella didn't' see, "I'll phone him later."

Gabriella placed to plates steaming with a full cooked English breakfast and Troy placed their tea on the table as they sat down.

"Sharpay was sure she was going into labour today…but it was a false alarm." Gabriella giggled.

"You should see Zeke, she's all he talks about and it's the baby this and the baby that! It's driving me mad." Troy replied as he helped himself to a slice of toast.

"He's just excited!" Gabriella whispered touching Troy's hand from across the table.

Troy rolled his eyes but kissed Gabriella's hand all the same, he was too soft with her!

Gabriella dropped Troy off at work as she usually did every morning. Troy smiled and touched her cheek.

"I'll see you later baby." He exclaimed.

"Yeah, I love you." Gabriella said but Troy remained sitting in the car.

"So…to celebrate our five years together, the gang's deciding to maybe go out for dinner tonight! What do you think?" Troy asked.

"Sure, I haven't seen Kelsi in ages and I'd love to know how she and Ryan are doing! And the children, I always miss them when they don't stay over." Gabriella said dejectedly.

"Look Gabriella, we've talked about this! You're training to be a teacher and I'm…oh don't cry…don't cry please." Troy said giving in completely.