Chapter 4: Two Completely Confusing Gestures

Troy found it reasonably hard to forget about Gabriella over the week she had been tutoring him. He hadn't really gotten any better at poetry though Gabriella did try so very hard to make him understand it.

He tried everything he could to push her away from his mind but his most favourite excuse to forget her was the cheerleaders. Every single night Troy would have a cheerleader behind the gym of East High. Whether it was sex or just some very heated kissing, he enjoyed it.

Tonight, it was Stacy Waterman. Stacy was exceedingly dumb but cute. With her long brown hair and her sparkling blue eyes Troy found himself unbuttoning her uniform and was delighted to see that she didn't argue but responded fully, the East High Cheerleaders always did.

"Hmm, that's nice." Stacy giggled.

"Shut it!" Troy said glaring.

"But –"

"Look let's just make this quick, I've got a tutor session!" Troy ordered and the coldness in his eyes silenced Stacy immediately.

They heard footsteps behind them and they jumped apart. Troy was exceedingly shocked to find Gabriella staring at them both, she looked frightened and he felt quite sick but Stacy looked elated!

"Well look who it is, little Geeky Gabi!" She chuckled stepping forward.

She circled Gabriella who hugged her books to her chest and hid her head in them.

"What you doing here Gabi! This is Cheerleader territory, you know that!" Stacy said.

"I…I'm late…I have…I have to get…home." Gabriella stuttered.

"Oh I see, listen Gabriella…this…is…where…the…jocks…and…cheerleaders…have sex." She said talking to her like she was a baby.

Troy noted that Gabriella had gone an amazingly bright red. Stacy must've noticed too for she laughed even louder.

"Oh yes, I see, you've never done that have you. No – one would want to do that with you. You might as well go back to loving your books." Stacy laughed.

Stacy snatched one of the books from Gabriella; Troy saw that it was her favourite, Romeo and Juliet!

"So this is where you get your romance from is it Geeky Gabi, from some dumb Shakesword book." Stacy said mockingly and Troy couldn't help but laugh, Stacy didn't know the first think about Shakespeare, not even his name. But Gabriella must've thought he was laughing at her for she looked at him hurt and a tear slipped down her cheek.

Stacy threw the book to Troy who suddenly felt sick to the stomach. She looked at him expectantly and Troy decided he'd have to play along.

"What is this trash anyway Geeky Gabi?" He laughed, he felt like every single bit of his soul was being ripped apart, last week he would've found this funny.

Gabriella mumbled something and Stacy smiled, "It doesn't look like she's in the mood for talking. I think if we rip up her book she'll change her mind."

"No! No don't please." Gabriella pleaded but Troy had already done it, he wanted to keep his popularity.

He ripped the book to shreds and stood all over it, mud splattered in it and it was wet from the rain. Troy could see some of the lines washing away and he kicked it a little and watched it drop into a mud puddle. Stacy laughed and he joined in half heartedly. She walked over to him and kissed him resolutely but he kept his ear to Gabriella who he could hear crying. He pulled away quickly and found her kneeling in the mud clutching the book to her immaculate shirt.