Chapter 20: The Most Wonderful Apology Ever

"What are you doing here?" Gabriella asked coldly but she was suddenly taken aback by Troy, he began to sing.

I don't want another pretty face

I don't want just anyone to hold

I don't want my love to go to waste

I want you and your beautiful soul

You're the one I wanna chase

You're the one I wanna hold

I wont let another minute go to waste

I want you and your beautiful soul

"Do you think you're going to win me over just singing?" Gabriella snarled.

"Please Gabriella, don't leave me like this?" She heard Troy plead.

"I think it's better if we do." She exclaimed.

"But I love you. You know I do." He said firmly.

"No, I thought you did." She replied angrily, she was about to walk back in when Troy began to recite a beautiful passage from her favourite book.

"O, wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?"

She turned and found him reading from her book, the book she had thrown back at him. She forced herself not to smile but she could see from the look on Troy's face that he expected her to play along. She knew the Balcony scene of 'Romeo And Juliet' for it had been her favourite scene in the play and in her book.

"What satisfaction canst thou have tonight?" She queried, it wasn't from the beginning of the balcony scene but she felt a great stirring inside her.

"The exchange of thy love's faithful vow for mine." Troy replied and he bent down and picked up a large bouquet of flowers, all types of flowers all prancing in different directions. Gabriella smiled at this.

Gabriella rolled her eyes though she could feel her heart thumping harder and harder when he started to climb up the tree while trying to read the book at the same time.

"I gave thee mine before thou didst request it, and yet I would it were to give again." Gabriella answered him.

Troy managed to climb the balcony and climbed on in, he placed the book on a chair outside and walked over to Gabriella who stood looking a little frightened, she backed away a little, she feared him in a way. The frustration in his eyes the day that he had cornered her against the lockers had alarmed her.

"Would'st thou withdraw it? For what purpose, love?" He said softly, when her back was pressed against the balcony did Troy stop, they weren't standing very close but enough that if he wished, he could reach out and touch her hand.

"But to be frank and give it thee again; and yet I wish but for the thing I have. My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep: the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite." She felt a little silly for reciting 'Romeo and Juliet' on her balcony but it was also very romantic.