Chapter 23: Troy's Talk With Mr Montez

Mr and Mrs Bolton returned home early that next morning, Mrs Bolton was eager to wake her son and ask how his dinner date with Gabriella went; she rushed upstairs and opened the door of Troy's bedroom.

"Troy…Oh my god!" She screamed, curled up together naked under the blankets were Gabriella and Troy.

She was stunned for a moment, horror thrashed through her mind, her little boy sleeping with a girl! It just didn't feel right! Her senses however came back to her when Jack came running up the stairs in a frenzy thinking something was wrong.

"Sarah what's...holy shit!" He said and closed his eyes quickly.

Mrs Bolton came to her senses immediately.

"TROY BOLTON! WAKE UP THIS INSTANT!" She bellowed and Troy and Gabriella jerked awake.

"Oh my…um…this…this…is embarrassing." Gabriella stammered looking across at Troy and wrapping the blankets around herself and getting out of bed.

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO THINKING? SLEEPING TOGETHER! IT'S UNTHINKABLE!" Jack screamed he walked out of the room; he couldn't be in there anymore.

"Look Mom, we can explain, it's just –"

"I don't want any details please Troy! Get changed and march straight downstairs the two of you!" She ordered and she slammed the door behind her and left Troy smirking to himself.

Gabriella, had her back to him as she pulled her dress back on, Troy wrapped his arms around her waist but she pulled herself away from him, looking uneasy.

"I don't think so…not under the situation we're in." Gabriella stammered.

"They can't have a go at us! We're both of legal age." Troy laughed as he pulled his trousers on.

"Don't laugh Troy, it's not funny. We've been caught, in your parent's eyes, doing a sinful act!"

Troy shook his head, how could Gabriella be so upset, they weren't committing a sinful act! There was nothing wrong with what they had been doing.

"YOU TWO HURRY UP!" Jack ordered.

The pair looked at each other guiltily and Troy offered her his hand and she took it smiling, frightened.

"I won't let them have a go at you! I promise." He said and they walked downstairs ready to face their parents.

Jack and Sarah sat down on the sofa as Troy and Gabriella sat on the sofa opposite. The parents noted the teenagers entwined fingers and glanced at each other wearily.

"How long has this been going on for?" Jack demanded.

Gabriella looked at her feet though Troy did not crumble under his father's fixed stare and firm voice.

"ANSWER ME!"

"It's none of your business." Troy said calmly.

"Pardon?" Jack asked, his eyes widened, he couldn't believe what he had heard.

"I said old man; it's not of your damned business! Didn't you hear me the first time?" Troy spat but he came back to the world by Gabriella gently squeezing his hand.