Chapter 11: The Most Unlikely Couple

"Gabriella , 'Troy growled pulling away from her passionate embrace, she was still crying pathetically as she tried to kiss him, "Stop it, look it's not that no – one wants you Brie, it's just that…ah…ah…don't do that." Troy said breathlessly, she was trying unsuccessfully to remove his shirt.

He yanked himself away from her and watched her stumble backwards a bit, "Brie, why did you do this?" He asked Gabriella, watching her slump back on the chair.

"I…I don't know, I was…kind of…upset…and…and…Papa's…favourite Spanish…wine was…just…I've never drunk…before." Gabriella chuckled as she tried to grab something, though Troy wasn't sure what she was doing.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't come over earlier, but my father he wouldn't let me." Troy said awkwardly.

Gabriella giggled and stood again, she slowly made her way over to him trying to keep her balance which didn't really go too well, she fell into his arms and held onto him tight.

"I'm sorry too sexy, we could've had some fun." Gabriella slurred and Troy shuddered completely turned on when her hand lowered down his body.

He pushed her hands away quickly.

"This isn't you Brie; don't be like those other girls. It's the drink talking and your desire. Don't do it, if you do I won't be able to stop you." Troy said, he was starting to weaken under her resolve to have sex.

"Then don't fight. I've seen you with all those che…cheap cheer people…um leaders, why do you give…into them so easily?" Gabriella demanded clinging to him tight.

"I was different then, I don't want you to be the same. I want our first time to be…special. You know, worth the wait." Troy said.

He saw Gabriella slump forward in defeat, she began to cry, real tears. She buried her head into his chest; he wrapped his arms around her and looked down on her determinedly.

"Please Gabriella, it's supposed to be a special moment and don't do it when you're drunk, I don't want you to forget something that special. You will forget in the morning. Please." Troy pleaded.

She looked up at him softly, "Can you…at least help me…get…changed out of... this trash?" Gabriella murmured into his chest.

He nodded and picked her up, he carried her upstairs and sat her down on her bed, he removed the sexy lingerie with trembling hands and went to her draw to pull out her pyjamas. He felt like History was repeating itself, for he had been doing this only a few weeks ago when Malcolm had attacked Gabriella.

He sat her down in her bed and heard her giggle and mumble things like, "Aren't forks strange?" This was quite comical when he heard her mutter it.

He pulled the blankets over her and watched her hold out her arms to him.

"Will you come and hold me?" She muttered.

Troy moved away from the bed and went and sat in a large chair. He pulled a blanket over him and watched Gabriella's soft smile turn to a forlorn frown.

"No Brie, I'm not sleeping in the bed with you when you're in that state. You tried to seduce me downstairs, imagine what you'd be like in a bed." Troy said sternly.