Chapter 20 : The Imperial Grandson's Birthday Banquet (1)

A year passed after Nalan Xi arrived. In the last year, she strengthened her sect by taking in more loyal members and by personally teaching them.

The Ghost Sect became a grand sect in just a few years and became a sect feared even by the Imperial Palace and the other major sects.

Nalan Xi divided the sect into 4 different Halls: the Pill Refining Hall, the Armament Refining Hall, the Beast Tamer Hall and the Devil Hall.
Just like the name, they are divided into what they specialize in and the Devil Hall is Nalan Xi's personal army. Only the people that have enough strength can enter the halls and people who can't are just Ghost Sect's disciple and help in the Ghost Shops while still training, but never ever underestimate them. Even if they are just normal disciples, only one of them's strength is comparable to a hundred people army's strength.

A week after will be the Four Great Empire's Tournament. Nalan Xi will also participate, but other people won't know because the inscriptions will be the same day of the Tournament and the names will be extracted just before the fight between the two competitors making it more interesting.

It's said that the Four Great Empire's Tournament's purpose is to grater all the geniuses in the Four Great Empire and take them to a bigger Continent where the real cultivators are. It's said that the Starlight Continent is only a small piece of the entire Mainland. These are all top secrets that she was able to obtain with the Ghost Sect's powers.

In these years she also searched for her Master and she found out that her master wasn't from Starlight Continent, he was from one of the biggest continents in the entire mainland. She also searched information about her mother, but she didn't find out anything, she probably isn't in the Starlight Continent anymore.

"Master." Nalan Xi was pulled out of her thoughts by An Yi's voice.

"What's the matter?" Nalan Xi answered in a nonchalant tone.

An Yi froze for an instant. Even if she used a nonchalant tone, she could still fill the chills that it sends and the domineering aura she suppressed making her shiver a bit. She was already a Martial Overlord rank Low grade but she still couldn't even compare half of Nalan Xi's strength.

"Tomorrow will be the Imperial Grandson's birthday banquet. Would master like to go?"

Imperial Grandson? Isn't he my 'dear' eldest sister Nalan Shiyue, the crown princess and the crown prince, Feng Chaofeng's son? He is already 3 years old...

"Mmmm. Maybe I should gift them a present... I've decided! We'll go and I also thought of the perfect present." Nalan Xi said with a devilishly beautiful grin plastered on her face. Whoever saw her face would think: Someone will surely be in trouble~

*****
I tried to update as soon as possible and I hope you liked this chapter too. In the future chapters you'll see again him *cough* male lead *cough* 😂😂 so forgive me for not writing about him in this chapter😁