Chapter 11: I miss him.

It's been like a month since me and Greyson fought. He was ignoring me. He even told the teachers that he wanted a new partner! He told them he wanted to socialize more. The worst part is, I was his partner before he asked to exchange partners. He was completely avoiding me. Rumor has it that he and Lauren are dating. When I heard that, my heart broke to a million pieces. 

    Speaking of Lauren, she transferred here in the same school as me and Greyson. Obviously, she wanted to spend every freaking second of her life with him. I'm beginning to think the rumor's true. But Greyson wouldn't pick someone like...her? Psh. I don't know! We never really talked about those kinds of stuff.

    Girls envy her at the same time hate her. She's a slut as they say. She dates this guy then finds someone hotter then dumps him for the hotter guy. We call her WHOREn behind her backk. Us girls are the only ones who knows about that. 

    It's lunch time and me, Valerie and Jamie were walking to the cafeteria. Josh and Nick had to finish some project in History. While we were walking to get our food, I accidentally bumped into someone. Well, he/she bumped into me but I like to take the blame.

    "Oh, I'm sorry." I said.

    "Watch where you're going, Nichols." It was Lauren. Ugh. Slut, whore AND bitchy. Oh, how nice!

    "Yeah. Uhm-sorry." I said and we got our food. We were walking to our table when someone threw my food tray from below to my face! It was literally on my shirt, face and hair. I was dripping wet from the soup and drink. I looked at Valerie and Jamie to see them with shocked faces. I turned to see Lauren with a smirk on her face.

    "Greyson's mine." were the last words she said as she left the cafeteria.

    Normally, Greyson would have defended me. But I remembered, he's ignoring me. I looked at the corner of the cafeteria to see Greyson staring at me with a blank expression then continued eating. That's it?! I ran to the girl's bathroom. I could hear Valerie and Jamie calling my name. I want to be alone for now. I looked at myself in the mirror. Ugly was the first word that came to my mind when I saw myself.

    I went to my locker and luckily I had an extra shirt. But.....it's Greyson's The Beatles shirt. I ringed Valerie.

V: Hello?

M: Hey Val

V: MEI WHERE ARE YOU?!

M: In my locker. Look, can you do me a favor?

V: Sure! Anything! We're on our way to your locker.

M: Can I borrow your extra shirt?

V: Yeah. I'm cool with it. Why? Don't you have an extra shirt? Not to be rude or something.

    Before I could even answer, they were already hugging me.

    "I do but.....It's Greyson's. I don't want him to see me wearing this especially with Lauren around." I said. If Lauren sees me in this, she'll definitely kill me.

    Valerie nodded. She opened her locker and got out a Brandy Melville USA flag sweater.

    "Hey! Isn't this mine?" I said as I examined it. She smiled sheepishly at me.

    "Good thing I love you. Thanks, Val. Be back in a sec." I said. I went back to the girls bathroom again and changed. Good thing I was wearing black shorts and Oxfords. I checked myself in the mirror. Ugly. I washed my face with tap water and brushed my hair. I went back to my locker and grabbed my bag. But Nick stopped me.

     "Where do you think you're going, missy?" Nick said.

    "Anywhere but here. Tell the teachers I felt sick." I said as I swat his hand away. They let me go, obviously understanding what I felt. I don't know where I was going, I looked up to see Cody's house. I rand the doorbell. Angie answered it.

     "Oh hey Hermione! Come in, come in." Angie said as she stepped aside to let me enter.

     "Hey Angie. Is Cody or Alli home?" I asked.

      "Yeahp. Both of them are in their rooms. Want food?" She asked. I nodded.

     "Why are you here so early? Aren't you supposed to be in school?" Angie asked. I told her everything that happened. When I was done, she immediately wrapped me in a hug.

     "Aww. Everything's going to be alright. Now go talk to Alli or Cody while I make something for you to eat." She said. I smiled as a sign of thanks and went up to Cody and Alli's door. I couldn't pick. I heard giggles from Alli's room. She's obviously with a friend. Then it's settled, I'm going to Cody's room.

    I knocked on his door three times then slowly stuck my head in.

    "Cody?" I said. He was on his bed goofing around his laptop. He quickly sat up when he saw me.

    "Oh hey Mei! Why're you here? I mean...shouldn't you be in school right now?" He said. I sighed. He sensed something wrong so he patted the space beside him. He engulfed me in a hug and I was in tears. I was soaking Cody's shirt with my tears but Cody didn't care. 

    "I miss him, Codsta." I said while I was crying.

     "I knew you liked Greyson." He said softly. I looked at him with wide eyes.

    "How'd you know?" I asked.

    "The way you look at him, the way you smile when you're with him. You're like in a whole different planet when you're with him. I can tell he likes you too." He said. His eyes showed jealousy but he wanted me to be happy with someone I love.

    "He doesn't. We got into a fight." I said.

    "What? Why? You guys were inseperable!" Cody exclaimed. I slightly smiled at that. It's true though. It's like we were glued to each other.

    "He saw you walking me home, hand-in-hand and he thought we were dating so he got jealous and wanted me to unfriend you and stay away from you. Of course, I defended us. I can't do that. I don't want to unfriend the only boy I know who loves to eat cereal." I said. 

    Cody spent all day trying to cheer me up. Well he ALMOST succeeded. I suddenly got sleepy and went back to my house. I changed to my pj's and went to my balcony again. I was sitting on one of the chairs, knees tucked under my chin and looking at the beautiful night sky. 

    Tears slowly went down my face. I miss Greyson, a lot. I pretended that the moon was Greyson.

    "Hey Grey. I miss you. I miss your lame jokes, silly dance moves, weird personality, your smile, your eyes, your hair that I love to mess with, your soft and warm hugs and especially I miss...................................................you. If only you knew that I would give up me and Cody's friendship just to have you back. I got mad at first 'coz it was in a sudden but now I thought about it. I need you Greyson. But I guess you wouldn't care since you have Lauren. You two make a good couple. Hope you last forever, mate. " My head was on the railing. I was sobbing so hard that there was a little puddle on the floor. 

"I love you" I said as I got up and went to bed, thinking of Greyson.