Chapter 19: Say whut?

HERMIONE'S POV

It felt too good to be true. Next thing I knew, I was drenched in cold water. I sat up immediately to see Louise holding a now empty bucket which used to be filled with the ice cold water. The prom.

"Louise, what happened to prom?" I asked her. She looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Hermione, prom's not going to start 'til 6. Are you okay?" She said. Crap. So the Greyson asking me to be his girlfriend was a ........... dream?!

PLOT TWIST. Ermagerd. Why was I so stupid? And to think that Greyson would really ask me to be his girlfriend. Pfft. I just nodded at Louise then she had a grin on her face.

"Take a shower, change, eat breakfast then buzz me. Clear?" She said. I gave her a thumbs-up and took a quick warm shower. I changed to a 3/4 sleeve red and black checkered polo with denim shorts with gray Vans. Wait.... didn't I wear this in the dream? Oh well.

We met up with the girls in the mall. We were going from store to store which were familiar. It was the stores from the dream! Is this what I think it is? I saw the exact dress and heels and out of nowhere, I bought it. After that, everything was a blur. Everything that happened was like in the dream.

"I believe 'goddess' is an understatement." Wait....they mentioned that in the dream! So maybe Greyson WILL ask me to be his girlfriend. *cross fingers* Eeeep!

I was now looking for Greyson....again. He was nowhere to be found. And just in time, the principal was about to announce the Prom King and Queen. Wait, there's no candidates? Uhhh...okay.

"And the Prom King and Queen is......."

Everyone was silent, you could hear a pin drop. My heart was beating fast and my palms were sweating.

"Greyson Chance and Lauren Westphalen!" WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?! I swear my heart stopped for a moment. They all lamely clapped for the new Prom King and Queen. But..but..but..but...... I was prom queen in the dream. *sigh* Guess when they say "Dreams do come true!" it was all a lie.

Lauren caught my eye and she gave me an evil smirk. I just smiled at her and clapped. Clearly, showing that I don't care. Her face fell and was now shooting daggers at me. When she looked away, I stopped the act. Deep inside, I was hurting. What if it was Lauren who he'll ask to be his girlfriend? Well, as a best friend, I'll just support them. Even if it's against my will.

" That bitch doesn't deserve to win." Jamie said as she crushed her cup. Nick took the cup from her and rubbed her back.

"I would claw her eyes out with my $40 manicure." Valerie said.

"She is so not worth ruining your manicure." I said. Louise poked my sides which made me scream.

"What?" I hissed. She poked me hard that it hurt. Boohoo.

"Look at Greyson's face." Louise said. We all looked at Greyson's face. His face was blank. Like, emotionless and bored. Lauren on the other hand, was being flirty and all. But it only made Greyson even more bored.

I grabbed my phone from my clutch and texted Greyson.

H: Aww. I'm sorry that you're stuck with her. :( (;

Ha. Seeing Greyson bored with Lauren made my night.

G: Ugghh. Help me? :(

H: Ehh....nope. ciao! x

We waited for Greyson's rection. When he read my text, his eyes widen and groaned loudly that almost half of the people looked at him.

It was nearly half of prom. We were getting bored. And still..... Greyson was still not with me. And I though we were prom dates. Tsk. Yeah right.