Chapter 12: Safe & Sound

GREYSON'S POV (Ha! You've been waiting for this haven't ya? >:) )

    I know it's been weeks since me and Hermione last talked-which was the fight-I have an explanation! Well, the truth is, I don't want Hermione too close to Cody. Have you seen his face when he's with her?! He's like lovestruck. But Hermione's mine, mine, mine, mine ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Bit cheesy there, aye? And for me not talking to her.....Lauren threathened me. She said she was going to harm Hermione if I don't pretend-date with her. Ugh. Yeah, Lauren's pretty but....she's clingy. I wish Hermione would forgive me.

    I was on my balcony enjoying the quiet night with the cool breeze brushing past my skin, when I heard Hermione went in her balcony. She sat on one of the chairs she had there. Her knees were tucked under her chin and was staring at the sky above us. She looked beautiful. The moon's glow made her features even more attractive. Then I heard Hermione's voice.

    "Hey Grey. I miss you. I miss your lame jokes, silly dance moves, weird personality, your smile, your eyes, your hair that I love to mess with, your soft and warm hugs and especially I miss.......................................you. If only you knew that I would give up me and Cody's friendship just to have you back. I got mad at first 'coz it was in a sudden but now I thought about it. I need you Greyson. But I guess you wouldn't care since you have Lauren. You two make a good couple. Hope you last forever, mate." She said. Tears were rolling down her face.

    I wanted to jump over to her balcony and comfort her but she stood up and went inside but before that she said,

    "I love you."

    Those three words that I've always wanted to tell Hermione. Those three words which I thought would jeopardize our friendship........came out of her sweet lips. She felt the same. I like her. Isn't it that obvious? Wait, no I don't like her............I love her. Should I go to Hermione and apologize or just follow Lauren?

    Oh who cares about Lauren. I'm gonna go over to Hermione's balcony and apologize. Screw Lauren. I'll protect Hermione. She's like the most valuable thing I have. I jumped over to her balcony and slowly twisted the knob to her balcony door. Phew. Good thing it's open, or else I'll have trouble getting in. 

    I heard faint sobs coming from her bed. She was crying because of me. I can't believe I let Lauren talk me into this! I quietly went behind your bed and leaned in just the same level as your ear and whispered,

    "I love you too." 

    She sat up immediately and looked at me with wide eyes. She didn't hesitate to hug me. Oh how I miss her hugs, her strawberry scented hair, the vanilla smell she always had, her slim body, everything. I missed her.

    "I'm sorry." I said. 

     "For what?" She said. We were still wrapped up in a hug, swaying from side to side.

    "Being a jerkface. Look, I didn't want to. I had to. Lauren forced me. She told me if I didn't stay away from you, she'll harm you. I don't want my Hermione harmed. And right now, screw Lauren. I want my Hermione back." I said in her ear. We still hadn't let go.

    "I'll ask the teachers if I could go back to being partners with you." I said. Spending the whole school year with Lauren will be a pain in the balls if I had to be partners with her. 

    "It's okay, Grey. I'm glad you're back." She said. She then yawned. I chuckled.

     "Let's get you to bed, Nicks." I said. I took her to her bed and tucked her in.

    "But I don't want too!" She whined.

    "Why not?" I said as I caressed her smooth and flawless face.

    "I just got my best friend back. I'm not going to waste the time by sleeping." She said. Oh she is such a sweetheart.

     "We have our whole lives to spend together, Mei. Now, go to sleep." I said. I kissed her forehead and went to the balcony door. Once I reached it, she said,

    "Sing me a song." She said like a little five year old girl. I chuckled. She was adorable.

     I was about to sing a lullaby when she put the duvet over us. She put her arm across my stomach and was cuddled close beside me. I was getting sleepier by the second. Then I heard the most angelic voice ever heard...

♪ ♫I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said, "I'll never let you go"

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window darling

Everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold on to this lullaby

Even when the music's gone

Gone

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh

La La (La La)

La La (La La)

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh

La La (La La)

Just close your eyes

You'll be alright

Come morning light,

You and I'll be safe and sound...

Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh oh oh. [x7] ♪ ♫

    Her voice was soft and gentle. She was like an angel. 

    "Hey Mei?" I said.

     "Mm?" She said.

     "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" I grinned.

     "Shut it, Chance." She smacked my stomach. I guffawed. She put her hand on my mouth. I licked it but she didn't remove it. She slowly took her hand off and it fell on my chest. I smiled. She was asleep. I was playing her hair. When I did the most dangerous thing ever....... I kissed her on the forehead and then said,

    "Hermione, you have no idea what effect you have on me." then went to sleep with Hermione safe & sound in my arms.