Chapter 10: Jealousy 2

I kept on crying the whole day. After a while, no more tears were running down on my face. I washed my face with cold water and put on a hoodie. I was wearing a long night gown (picture). It was nearly midnight and I couldn't sleep. I decided to go out. I got a green post-it and wrote:

       Went to take a walk. I'll be back soon. Don't worry. Don't even ring me, I didn't bring my phone. Just need to clear my thoughts. - Hermei x

    I posted it on the fridge since that's where the first thing they go to when they wake up. When I closed the door, the cold breeze immediately hit me, my bare feet touching the cold ground. I didn't bother wearing slippers, right now, I don't care. I didn't know where to go. Jamie's house? Valerie's house? Nah. Too early. Josh? Nick? Pfft. They wouldn't listen at this time. The park? Well duh. 

    I was walking to the park when I saw 2 silhouettes on a park bench. I squinted my eyes to take a better look since the wind wasn't helping. It was a girl and...Greyson? What's he doing here? I pinched myself hard to check if I was dreaming. *pinch* Ow! Nope, I'm not dreaming. As I was on my way to apologize to Greyson, the worst thing I could ever think of happened. They kissed.

    I stopped dead on my tracks. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Greyson wasn't even pulling away! He even seems to enjoy it. I looked at the girl and it was....Lauren?! The school head cheerleader of the school nearest to us. She has long blonde hair with blue eyes and a very slim figure. No wonder guys fall for her. She can have every guy she wants. I can't help it. It hurts that me and Greyson got into a fight, it's even worse he's kissing another girl! I thought there were no more tears. Guess I was wrong. Tears came down like a waterfall. I was sobbing. They heard me so they pulled away. Greyson's face was shocked, worried, concerned at the same time guilty. Lauren, on the other hand, had a smirk plastered on her face. 

    "What's the meaning of this?!" I said, definitely frustrated.

    "Why do you care?!" Greyson retorted.

    "I care because you're my friend!" I said. He rolled his eyes.

    "Pffft. After what happened this morning, I don't think we still are." He said with a completely annoyed tone in his voice. 

    "What?" I asked. I can't believe he's saying this.

    "Face it, Mei. You're jealous." He said as he stood up to face me. 

     "No, I'm not!" I lied. Well, I think.

    "Well, you have no right to be. WE AREN'T A THING REMEMBER? YOU said that." He pointed out. He got a point. I raised both of my hands as if to surrender then ran to the one place I could pour everything out....The treehouse.

    When I reached the treehouse, I sat on the bed and pull my knees close to my chest then put my head between my knees. I remembered I shared this treehouse with a guy. I decided to talk to him. I got a piece of paper and wrote:

     Hey stranger. We share this treehouse. Don't worry. It's fine. I came here 'coz I'm sad. You know..love problems. Haha. Anyways, just wanted to say hi! Well uhm..Hi! lol. reply back (: - H.

    I taped it on a part of the walls and looked at the clock. Holy cheesticks! It was almost 3 in the morning! I went down the treehouse and walked back to my house. My feet were numb from the coldness of the ground. Greyson's word came flooding back to my head.

    Was I really jealous? Pfft. No.

    Yes you are.

    Who are you?

    Your heart, duh.

    Uh. Okay? Would you please stop. Let me handle this.

    Follow your heart.

    Been there, done that. I can't afford to get hurt again.

    You're already hurting, redhead.

    Ugh. It feels weird talking to myself. Whatever. I looked at Cody's house. Was I really going to give up our friendship just because Greyson told me to? Ugghh. Why must this happen to me!!! I quietly made my way up to my room and went to my balcony. I was sitting on the railing, my knees were close to my chest. I rested my chin on top of my knees and stared at the moon. I could feel someone was watching me. Maybe it's just the cold wind. I stayed like that for maybe half an hour and went back inside. As I walked back inside, I swear I saw a glimpse of Greyson looking at me. Pfft. No way. He hates me now. I wonder what school would be like without his lame jokes, clumsiness, weird smile and dance moves. I really want this fight to be over, but that means unfriending Cody. Ugh. Lord, please help me.