Chapter 9: Jealousy

• Dedicated to _NELLEwelly

        It's been weeks since the date. Me and Greyson act like couples that are best friends and best friends that are like couples. Every guy in school who likes me were kinda jealous...okay fine they were a hell lot jealous. So Greyson sometimes give space but not too much 'coz I don't want him too far from me. 

    It was the last period of the day and I'm waiting for the bell to ring. C'mon, c'mon! 3..2..1

    "WHOO!" Everyone cheered. I laughed. We were acting as if it was summer. I packed my stuff and went to my locker. While I was putting my stuff in my locker, someone covered my eyes.

    "Well hello there. May I know who you are?" I said sweetly, knowing it was Greyson.

    "Guess..." said a deep voice. That was definitely not Greyson even if he tried to lower down his voice. Of course, I panicked. What if he was a killer? Yes, I always think about killers. 

    "Uhhhh..." I said. The person slowly took away his hands and I slowly turned around to see Cody!

    "YOU DIMWITT!" I said as I slapped his arm.

    "OW! WHAT'D YOU DO THAT FOR?!" Cody said as he was rubbing his arm. 

    "You scared the daylights out of me!" I said as I slammed my locker shut and grumpily stomped out the school door. I heard Cody following me.

    "I'm sorry, Aphrodite. I didn't mean to scare you. I was going to surprise you..." He said. I turned to look at him with my eyebrows knit together. I saw Cody was starting to tear up and his lips were trembling. He looked so cute! Aww. I can't stay mad at him if he's this cute.

    "Aww! You're adorbs! Apology accepted." I said as I went to him and opened my arms for a hug.

    "For real?" He asked with wide eyes. I nodded. He came running to me and we both fell down on the ground.

    "I LOVE YOU HERMIONE MEI NICHOLS!" Cody said. 

    "Love you too, mate." I said as I got up.

    "HERMIONE MEI NICHOLS JUST SAID SHE LOVES ME TOO!!!" Cody yelled very loud. The whole neighborhood could hear us.

    "AS A FRIEND!!!" I continued. I could feel someone following us. I just shrugged it off. Me and Cody were walking back to my house since he lives next door. Me and Cody were just laughing at his silly jokes and stories.

    Out of nowhere, Cody grabbed my hand and continued to talk like he didn't even do that. I don't  care. We're just friends....aren't we? 

    "We have arrived, Ms. Nichols." Cody said in his Aussie accent that makes a million of girls melt. 

    "Why thank you, Sir Simpson." I said as we bowed. We laughed. I waved goodbye and went inside. I went up to my room. I feel like I forgot something. Oh well. 

    "GERMI! SOMEONE'S HERE TO SEE YOU!" Chuck yelled. We barely use the intercom. 

    "SEND 'EM UP!" I yelled back. I quickly changed to blue sweat shorts and a white tank top with a grey hoodie over it. I put my hair in a messy bun since I'm just at home. The door opened just as I sat down on my bed. It was Greyson.

    "Hey Grey! What do you need?" I asked with a smile. I always smile when I'm with him. He like sucks the negativity in me. 

   "Oh nothing. I was wondering if you could help me in Chemistry?" He asked. Chemistry is my middle name. Haha.

    "Sure! Come." I scooted over to give him space so he can sit beside me. When he sat down, my heart was going crazy. It's always like this when he's near.

    We were in the middle of a lesson when Greyson layed on his back.

    "I GET IT!" He said. I laughed. Obviously, his head was hurting from the facts.

    "Facts Overload?" I asked. He groaned. I laughed again. I closed the book and put it back in his bag. I layed down beside him and we just stared at the ceiling. 

    "Are you and Cody a....thing?" He asked out of nowhere. I propped myself up on my elbows and looked at him with a shocked face then laughed.

    "You HAHA thought HAHA me and HAHA Cody HAHA were HAHAHAHA dating?!" I said in between laughs.

     "Uhm...yeah? Why?" He said. I finally calmed down.

     "Grey...me and Cody are just friends." I reassured him.

    "Not the way I see it." He mumbled as he looked down.

    "What's the problem, Gbear?" I asked. I call him Gbear when I'm concerned about him.

    "I think you should stay away from Cody..." He said. I was shocked. What?!

    "What are you talking about, Grey? Cody and I are friends! I can't just unfriend him like that!" I protested.

    "I know it's hard but...just do it." He said.

    "Grey, Cody-is-my-friend. I can't unfriend him like..poof! It's not that easy!" I said.

    "Then at least TRY!" He shouted at me. I've never seen this side of Greyson. I thought I knew him. Guess not,

    "WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I DO THAT?" I shouted back. It seems pathetic to just unfriend Cody just because Greyson said so.

    "You like Cody, don't you?" He said, looking at me straight in the eyes.

    "Yeah. As a FRIEND. What's wrong with that?" I said.

    "Well, he doesn't feel the same. He likes you MORE than a friend, Mei. I don't want him to take you away from me." He said. 

    "So, you want me to stay away from Cody just because you're....jealous?" I asked. If he says 'yes', I am seriously going to blow.

    "Yes." He replied. And in that moment I swear.............................I blew.

    "WHAT THE HOOHA, GREY?! We aren't even a thing for crying out loud! You don't control my life!" I yelled. His fist clenched.

    "You're right. We aren't even a thing. Why in the world did I just waste my time here? Pfft. Bye." He said. And with that, he grabbed his bag went out of my room and back to his house.

    I can't believe me and Greyson just had a fight. But it's true. Me and Greyson aren't even a thing. I felt a tear run down my left eye. You know what they say, when the first tear comes from the left, it means pain. But if it comes from the right, it means happiness. Yes....I am in pain.